Hello Robert Just seen your post and wanted to register sympathy with you and your mother. I looked after my mother when she had dementia, albeit not full time, and now I look after my husband who has dementia. I am a patient person but there are times I raise my voice with my husband. I also walk a...
No but you certainly have my sympathy. It must drive you crazy. Mine switches lights on and off and on and off and even that drives me mad.
Many thanks. Some days are worse than others. I look towards the future and that is a mistake. It’s best not to think about the future as it is potentially too bleak. Sean thanks. I have researched local things. There’s not much (West Sussex). The problem is my working. I can’t get him there. If we ...
I was wondering what medication others with DLB take. My husband is on rivastigmine patches. I have NO IDEA if they work - how can we know? I I was told there is nothing else for this type of dementia. But is there, I wonder.
He is 76 and I am 65. He can get himself to bed, make a slice of toast and get cold drinks plus snacks from the fridge, get in and out of the car and we can sometimes go to restaurants, which he likes, but it’s a silent meal and often with quite a bit of food on the floor afterwards. He is Much bett...
Hello New to this site I have a feeling if imprisonment due to this nightmare illness. I am not here all the time as I work. We also have a carer to help with the morning routine as I am out. Husband not keen on doing much. If we try going out it’s fraught with problems and totally exhausting. Conve...