Hi Thanks for your replies. I am lucky in that my husband's parents are really supportive towards me in regards to the situation and I caught up with them on Friday as I needed them to know I wasn't sure what else to do or how much longer I can hold the fort in terms of plate spinning to get him bac...
Yes the pity party is where I generally have to grit my teeth in terms of showing sympathy. I know life (particularly when you have a young child) is a bit boring at times but that's life and actually to give you insight into my husbands life a bit more - 1) He does his dream job for a living - runs...
It would be lovely if he could find something to do with our son but unfortunately it's not something he will do. In fact my son coming along is what I believe has been a trigger for his mental health problems, with anxiety coming in last year and depression following it this year. I don't think his...
Thanks for the further replies. Thankfully I have a great counsellor who is also helping me through this. I'm going to take on board the note about effort, as my husband is making an effort in some areas (takes his meds, started the gym, speaks to lots of people about his condition (just not me!) so...
Thanks both for your replies. It's so difficult, I think I've had every reaction possible to my husband's illness - concern, care, resentment, anger, frustration, fear the list goes on. Our marriage just seemed to disintegrate around us as a result of the depression and erratic behaviour and my fail...
Hi I realise it was a while ago that you posted but how are you getting on now? How you described how your husband is / was with you is exactly what my husband is like with me - on a good day he is just neutral / disinterested and on a bad one he is aggressive and angry towards me. I have been telli...
Hi all I just wondered if anyone could advise or has experience of their own around when behaviour is caused by a mental health condition. I've posted previously about how my husband has been suffering from depression for most of this year and we've experienced many marital and relationship problems...
Hi Laura Just wanted to post as others have to send you a hug - I'm going through a situation slightly similar to yourself although my husband has different issues as a result of his anxiety and depression. I know how it feels to feel so utterly alone, I don't have many people in my life I can turn ...
Thank you, all you have said makes sense. I am able to access counselling through my workplace so I am going to get the ball rolling for getting that set up. I know neither of you said it but your words made me have an epiphany - I'm not a wife to my husband, I'm a replacement mum. I've played my pa...
Hi Jenny Thanks for your response. It really hit home. I don't know what triggers my husband's anxiety, it can range from my son having a tantrum to being out somewhere. When a panic attack comes on it's a lottery as to if it will pass by quite quickly or if he needs to go and be in another room / l...