[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
The builders are coming Wednesday to lay floor and have ordered the panels. There will be a wait for special toilet that washes and drys. So hopefully done in about 2 weeks. They are all really cheerful guys and very tidy. But ... Social Worker popped into see husband today to ask him if he’d like t...
Just been to visit there seem to be lots of senior staff around which I’m relieved about, Thanks everybody for all your support. Yes I’ve always been a fighter and seem to do this now a carer. I can’t sit back when it’s unsafe for people . Builders currently doing wet room and will do ramps inside h...
Update Had emails and telephone calls from health minister team they have progressed my concerns and have contacted director of nursing for our board I feel relieved that my concerns have been acted on have to say somewhat surprised. Was told examples of what they are trying to do to recruit staff. ...
Have formally raised my concerns with health minister department .i do think they are fully aware of the dire situation from who I spoke to .
Yes I agree it’s not possible to deal with the staffing . But definitely in the 8 months he’s been in the levels have gone from worrying to unsafe. I also agree that those at the top do not have the motivation to actually deal with the situation. Most of my stress is to do with things not being done...
Thanks for the link Past week there have been serious staffing shortages and didn’t have staff to get him hoisted into wheelchair for garden visit but we went into his room instead. Phones not answered ,feel for staff but feel it’s unsafe. Have alerted those in government dont suppose anything will ...
I don’t know what to do with my despair and know carers will listen My husband has been in rehab hospital for over 7 months . We have had the written assessment and plans are in place for him to come home. Waiting for care package and building work to be completed so dependent on finding carers . Wh...
Thanks is for replying I hadn’t thought about so many points. Especially if there was a fire basically I wouldn’t be able to get him out in reality. Will speak to the SW more, it’s a situation where only pain killers he can take aside from paracetamol is morphine based. I’m not sure if the pain clin...
The SW is going to assess for CHC he thinks husbands care needs are complex . Was a great relief to feel supported and to know I don’t have to take the lead anymore. He commented that he can’t believe I’ve done so much without support. So the plan is 2 carers 4 x a day. Lots of specific things to be...
Thanks will do
Agree have mentioned various things over the years that professionals weren’t aware of scary at times how things are not known