[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Oliva - my heartfelt sympathies. Such a dreadful dreadful situation for you.... I think the first and foremost consideration is this - is your poor dad SELF-FUNDING, ie, paying his OWN care home fees, or is his care being paid for by the State? The answer means a lot to your choices now. IF he is p...
Hello Olivia I'm extremely sad to hear your Dad has such young onset dementia. I too have at times walked around my home, thinking of ways to get my husband home, for me to do the caring. IMPOSSIBLE. Unfair to him, first and foremost, unfair to my family and to me if I am honest. So, at your tender...
Hi Olivia, Welcome to the forum. You have a lot of responsibility for one so young. I'm afraid that people with advanced dementia always need a TEAM of carers, to provide 24/7 care. Howeverf much you love dad, you cannot do this. If you look at the Forum Index (go to Quick Links top left, next to t...
Not sure how to go about this but here’s my attempt. My father is 52 years old with Dementia as of 6 or potentially 7 years ago, sadly, he is in a care home. His illness was extremely sudden and being only 14 years old at the time I had little authority or understanding. However, I am older and wise...