[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I hit state retirement age next year, and my Carers' Allowance for Dad will come to an end. I understand that technically it remains as an "underlying benefit" - I just won't receive it. Now, here's a question: my partner is a lot younger than I am. He receives PIP, topped up with Income Support. Wo...
Well, we had a bit of a panic last night when he was admitted to hospital (full bladder but couldn't wee) where they inserted a catheter - honestly, I had no idea that the human bladder could hold that much wee! - and kept him in overnight before discharging him back to the care home, who have agree...
As a former lawyer (albeit not in this field) my advice would be to seek legal advice immediately . You may be able to get a fixed fee interview with a solicitor under the Legal Aid scheme. Citizens' Advice will certainly be willing to suggest what you should do. Stress your mother's situation, the ...
Just left the care home having settled him in and sat with him for a couple of hours: he'd fallen asleep, and my partner, who is diabetic, was getting wobbly, so it was a good time to come home. The Social Worker is arranging a full care package for when he is discharged home - in the meantime we ha...
Well, the social worker was great. We can't carry on like this, she says. Waiting for another team to come and see him, and I am to push for him going into nursing care for the next 7 days - let's hope they have a bed. This will give us chance to get out breathe back and for a care package to be rea...
Well, the Social Worker's appointment has been brought forward to tomorrow morning, thanks to the physio lady. I fell asleep this afternoon having been awake for 21 hours out of the previous 24 - and missed a phone call. Number withheld, so no idea who, but I'm betting it was the District Nurse. Str...
Social Worker has just phoned: do I still want a care package putting in place?

I was a good girl and didn't rail at her. Earliest she can come is Monday morning.

What really bugs me is that it's not just me who has to jump through hoops. Reading through the forum, it's the default position.
I've raised Holy Cain with the surgery who assure me that the referral has been made to the District Nurse. The physio/OH have been (I thought they were part of Social Services, but they're not) - they are going to order a hospital bed. hoist and swing and a commode, *and then provide a care team fo...
If they do the trick with getting help, that's okay by me! A friend of mine has a wife suffering from dementia, who keeps demanding painkillers: if he gave her as many as she wants, she's be seriously OD'd. She can be vicious if she doesn't get her own way, so he's started giving her Tic-Tacs, which...
Sorry, I should have said anti-depressants, not tranqs. Functioning on minimal sleep at the moment. I'm on Sertraline - supposedly a serotonin booster - I've had similar before, when my depression kicks in. The customary leaflet is - I jest not - 2 feet long, double sided and in exceedingly small pr...