I worry about the amount of saturated fat Mum is eating, she loves cheese, at 72 should I just let Mum enjoy the food she loves or be more wary?? Mum has a cheese sandwich every evening, cheese pancakes, cheese and onion pasties...I try to supplement it with veg etc. Mum wasn't impressed with the B...
Hi Ben, I am so sorry to hear about how difficult it has been for you and the children over the last few months. I know last time we posted we suggested speaking to someone about how you’re feeling and to call the Samaritans who offer a 24/7 free phone line on 116 123 and email service jo@samaritans...
Hi Janie, thank you for coming to our Forum and sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about your distressing circumstances. Your daughter does need urgent help. Contacting your local GP and the Social Services through your council’s safeguarding team (sometimes called MASH OR Multi-Agency Safegu...
Thank you Chris! Will add to the thread consisting of helpful links
Thanks Lizzie. Out of curiosity , anyone from the local food banks drop in to give advice / guidance ? In many manors , the food banks are now the hub for anyone seeking the same ... even the local CAB have now closed here in Worksop ( Funding cuts ) , leaving a huge void. Hi Chris, there wasn't an...
Hi everyone I'm Hayley, mum to 3 boys, our youngest aged 4 has refractory epilepsy and global development delay, also going to be looking at checking for autism soon, just looking for local support groups in my area or online to keep me sane ! We're in amble,Northumberland :D Thanks for reading x H...
It would be interesting to have some feedback from this event, either from CUK or attendees. Hi Bowlingbun, To give you a bit of an update, we had 70 attendees - our highest turn-out to date. We also had 10 stands hosted by various local and national organisations where carers could find out what i...
Hi Amanda. Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear about your current circumstance. It sounds very distressing and I commend you for being such a real fighter for your daughter despite the ups and downs. Did the Mental Health team make any follow-up contact following the incident? If you have...
Hi Suzanne, really sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time with your mum. I'm glad to hear that you found the other forum member's suggestions beneficial and you were able to take a break for yourself. This is really important as carers too often put themselves last. You mentioned you have...
Hi Jayne, Really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you're getting some sort of support during this difficult time. As the other forum members said, try not to dwell on any feelings of regret or be hard on yourself. You are only one person, after all. I hope the funeral goes well.