Hi Simon, welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time. I have posted a response to your other thread which provides more detail.
I am so sorry to hear about your distressing circumstances. I can imagine this must be a particularly difficult time for you and your family. You’re right to ask whether a meeting or family therapy sessions between your wife and her mum would benefit your wife’s mental health. The heath professional...
Hi Gertie_1902. I am really sorry to hear about your friend. It seems as though she is going through a very difficult time but I commend you for the incredible support and selflessness you have shown towards her. It’s reassuring to hear that your friend is already connected to key support services w...
Hi Susan. I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you are settling well in the new phase of your life in New Zealand.
Your username is how other members of the community will identify you. We encourage new members when they join the forum to change their username. To do this, please see the below instructions... click on the red username button on the top right hand side of the screen then click on 'user control pa...
I am so sorry to hear about your distressing circumstances. I can imagine this must be a particularly difficult time for you and your children. Alongside supporting your wife and children, it is really important that you get support for yourself. Samaritans is available round the clock, every single...
Thank you all for your comments. We are now locking this thread as it diverted to a discussion about other forum members. If you have any concerns about any posts on the forum, please email forum@carersuk.org
Sally, please accept my deepest condolences for your family's loss. I can't imagine how difficult things must be at the moment.

I am heartened to hear of the overwhelming support you received from the forum.

Wishing you all the best
I am so sorry to hear about the distressing FaceTime call you had with your wife last night and the worry her self-harming must have caused you. It sounds like you gave her the right advice last night – to seek help – and your frustration at her reaction is understandable. From your personal as well...
I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I can imagine this must be a particularly difficult time for you. It is a really positive step that your daughter is participating in Family Therapy but if this is not improving her mental or emotional health then she should consider additional...