Hi Victoria, really sorry to hear of the situation that you're in and how much worry it has caused. If you need to run through anything or have any questions, do get in touch with our advice team who can be contacted via email / phone.
advice@carersuk.org
0808 808 7777 (Mon - Tues, 10am to 4pm)
Hi Rosemary and Sue. Thanks for responses and kind words. Stephen - It was heartening to read that this forum has been a great source of help for you. And I'm sorry to hear that you're considering leaving the forum especially having been a member for many years. As Sue mentioned, pls PM the mods/ my...
Calling all forum members in Manchester and surrounding areas, you are warmly invited to Carers UK’s latest roadshow event... When: Wednesday 27 November (1.30pm – 4.30pm) Venue: Friends’ Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS We are delighted to announce that we’ll be hosting this event ...
Today we have published our ‘Carers at breaking point’ report looking at carers’ access to breaks in England. The reports reveals that many unpaid carers are unable to see a doctor because they can’t get a break from caring, with one in three carers saying they would use a break from caring to atten...
I'm really sorry for your loss. Wishing you comfort and best wishes during this difficult time.
I worry about the amount of saturated fat Mum is eating, she loves cheese, at 72 should I just let Mum enjoy the food she loves or be more wary?? Mum has a cheese sandwich every evening, cheese pancakes, cheese and onion pasties...I try to supplement it with veg etc. Mum wasn't impressed with the B...
Hi Ben, I am so sorry to hear about how difficult it has been for you and the children over the last few months. I know last time we posted we suggested speaking to someone about how you’re feeling and to call the Samaritans who offer a 24/7 free phone line on 116 123 and email service jo@samaritans...
Hi Janie, thank you for coming to our Forum and sharing your story. I am so sorry to hear about your distressing circumstances. Your daughter does need urgent help. Contacting your local GP and the Social Services through your council’s safeguarding team (sometimes called MASH OR Multi-Agency Safegu...
Thank you Chris! Will add to the thread consisting of helpful links
Thanks Lizzie. Out of curiosity , anyone from the local food banks drop in to give advice / guidance ? In many manors , the food banks are now the hub for anyone seeking the same ... even the local CAB have now closed here in Worksop ( Funding cuts ) , leaving a huge void. Hi Chris, there wasn't an...