Hi Martin, really happy to hear that you're feeling better today. It's good that the carers will be taking on some extra responsibility which will give you a chance to have a break. You can find out about taking a break on our web page here: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/supporting-you-to...
Hi Martin, really sorry to hear that you're feeling low and going through a difficult time. The forum members' posts are all useful suggestions. Have you tried talking to someone about how you feel? Although it may not make the situation go away, it can be quite therapeutic. Samaritans have a 24/7 f...
Calling all forum members in Birmingham and surrounding areas, You are warmly invited to Carers UK’s latest roadshow event. When: Wednesday 24 July (1.30pm – 4.15pm) Venue: Carrs Lane Conference Centre, The Church at Carrs Lane, Carrs Lane, Birmingham B4 7SX We are delighted to announce that we’ll b...
Well done Rosemary for being so strong even when feeling emotionally drained. Very happy for you
We know it’s not always possible but having a break from your caring role is so important. Today, we’re launching our new hub of resource to support carers with taking a break. The resources include a video series, an information fact sheet and feature stories from carers talking about their experie...
I am the carer for my daughter who has Asperger's. My daughter has turned 16 so I have had to apply for PIP rather than DLA. My daughter's assessment interview is next week but I received a letter from the Department today saying my carers allowance would stop from next month. Is this normal practi...
Selma
New to forum, Recently picked up a leaflet from doctors surgery while attending an appointment. Partner just been through knee operation. Enjoying the forum. Like the 'jointly' app that you can get on your mobile. Had I been aware of this sooner it would have helped with things when partner was in ...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 am
Hope this clarifies things.

Yep ... PROVIDING our concerns and recommendations have been " Duly noted " and ... not binned ?
Yes, I will share bowlingbun's feedback with my colleague who is collating the feedback from the other Insight volunteers.
Hi Bowlingbun and Chris, just to clarify that what was shared with bowlingbun was a very rough draft of our website front page. It was not the forum. We are still in the initial stages of the website redevelopment project, so very far from the final design! The reason why bowlingbun received this is...