Hi Suzanne, really sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time with your mum. I'm glad to hear that you found the other forum member's suggestions beneficial and you were able to take a break for yourself. This is really important as carers too often put themselves last. You mentioned you have...
Hi Jayne, Really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you're getting some sort of support during this difficult time. As the other forum members said, try not to dwell on any feelings of regret or be hard on yourself. You are only one person, after all. I hope the funeral goes well.
Following feedback from forum members, please see below for direct link to webpages on Carers UK’s website with information to support you with your caring. Towards the bottom, there are also a few external useful links. For further information and advice, you can contact our Advice team on 0808 808...
Hi Tiasmum

Welcome to the forum. The members are really supportive and welcoming here. I hope you find the support you need.
Thank you Mike for sharing.
Hi Martin, really happy to hear that you're feeling better today. It's good that the carers will be taking on some extra responsibility which will give you a chance to have a break. You can find out about taking a break on our web page here: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/supporting-you-to...
Hi Martin, really sorry to hear that you're feeling low and going through a difficult time. The forum members' posts are all useful suggestions. Have you tried talking to someone about how you feel? Although it may not make the situation go away, it can be quite therapeutic. Samaritans have a 24/7 f...
Calling all forum members in Birmingham and surrounding areas, You are warmly invited to Carers UK’s latest roadshow event. When: Wednesday 24 July (1.30pm – 4.15pm) Venue: Carrs Lane Conference Centre, The Church at Carrs Lane, Carrs Lane, Birmingham B4 7SX We are delighted to announce that we’ll b...
Well done Rosemary for being so strong even when feeling emotionally drained. Very happy for you
We know it’s not always possible but having a break from your caring role is so important. Today, we’re launching our new hub of resource to support carers with taking a break. The resources include a video series, an information fact sheet and feature stories from carers talking about their experie...