[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
The travel ban means my wife cannot travel to Switzerland for assisted dying. If the travel ban goes on for too long the worst possible thing will occur for her - she will be incapable of travel and be stuck in the UK subject to being kept alive but unable to do anything for herself. Unfortunately e...
Chris, No we won't say get on with it, be strong and do what you want. Don't feel guilty. There must be many people here who feel trapped and find they cannot get enough help so their own health (physical and mental) deteriorates. Many also wish they had never taken on the responsibility and feel re...
Going off the point a bit but I remember a Meet David Sedaris episode in which he talked about looking after a disabled room mate at an American College in return for a discount on his fees. It sounded like a standard set up there. My first concern would be how to ensure the carer is suitable befor...
A case of .... bartering ? One for the legal eagles out there. Even if the value of the 'work' in exchange for reduced rent were considered income it would probably be less than the total £7500 permitted for lodgers, and under the tax threshold for me anyway. We don't have any benefits that would b...
If said arrangement is one of employee / employer , pretty straightforward. If the minimum wage is payable , the £ 123 weekly limit ( From 6 April ) would soon be exceeded so as to remove Carers Allowance from the equation. Complications will arise if family members ... with either claiming benefit...
Hi Martin, I don't have experience of this, but have been a lodger and also lived in a shared house in times gone by. It all depends on who you are sharing with. I would go through a recognised scheme, like Homeshare, as Chris suggests https://homeshareuk.org/ as they will have experience of what m...
One immediate thought ... exchanging accommodation for labour ... bartering ? Be interesting to see the reaction of several Government agencies on this ... HM Revenue & Customs ( Benefits in kind ? ) and the Department of Employment ( Potential employment law ) ... two that immediately spring to mi...
bowlingbun wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:32 pm
Maybe a trainee nurse?
Yes, there used to be a scheme like this in Worcester for students in a caring role, which gave me the idea, but it was discontinued a couple of years ago
We are pondering offering a double room with en-suite at a low lodging rate (say £200 a month) for a student or professional person in a caring role or doing a caring course in exchange for being around on Sundays and maybe one weekend a month to provide meals and be available if my wife with MS nee...