[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, We finally bit the bullet and had Mum diagnosed. It turned out she has mixed dementia - Alzheimer’s and Vascular. What I am struggling to cope with is the speed at which she is deteriorating. She is 92 and we were told that at her age, Alzheimer’s at least, tended to develop more slowly. I think...
Hi Anne, Yes we are actually waiting back to hear about Mum’s power of attorney. The forms are all signed and sent off. After a lot of waivering, I think I am going to take the first step tomorrow and hand a letter in at Mum’s GP surgery and maybe find an excuse to take her later in the week. Thanks...
Hi Albert,

Thank you very much for your advice. I think this is why I am hesitating so much about obtaining a diagnosis. My mum is 92 and I think is it really worth all the upset for her.

It really will take some thinking about.
Thank you bowlingbun. That is very interesting. You are all so helpful.
Thank you susieq, that is something I hadn’t considered. I will definitely put the wheels in motion. It’s got to be done.
Thanks very much Pet66, I had been wondering about writing to her GP, so I think I might take your advice. I know I need to do something, it’s just taking that first step.
Hi, I’m looking for some advice. For a while now my mum has been deteriorating mentally. Her memory hasn’t been good for a while and now she is forgetting things like how to switch on her tv and when to change batteries in her hearing aids. Today she couldn’t remember whether she had had her lunch a...
Thanks very much for all your sensible advice Jenny and some really good ideas to consider. I was getting to the stage where I couldn’t see the wood for the trees. We have actually taken the first step and put blinds at the bedroom window. The stepping back will be more difficult, but needs to be do...
Thanks so much everybody. I know you all make sense. I felt so sorry for her when she first moved here, she seemed in shock and did too much for her and this is the result. The mistake too was moving her that close so she can see everything we do. I’m sure I wouldn’t feel so guilty if I couldn’t see...
Hi, My mum came to live across the road from us four years ago now. We lived over 100 miles away from her and my dad and her sister had died a few years previously, I have no siblings, and she felt she would be much happier near us and her grandchildren. The thing is she had quite a good social life...