Hi All Thanks for the information and I realise that there may be tenancy related issues but it’s not a priority for me. He chooses not to discuss with me and therefore it’s his private business. In addition, unfortunately I still carry some resentments from the past as neither Mum nor brother made ...
Sorry for not replying sooner. In terms of inheritance there isn’t any - Mum was a single parent all her life and we lived in council/social housing so she is dependent upon the state/ social services. Mum did not have any sort of Power of Attorney or a will - she’s never liked talking about end of ...
Thanks for the replies. I absolutely do not think my brother is using mum’s money for his own benefit - more that, as the main carer with many many responsibilities, he is not fully aware if he even is an appointee (made an application with a LA representative for attendance allowance currently used...
Does anyone have a link to a full run down of what it means to be an appointee please? Just for some background, Mum has dementia and does not own any property. Has her own bank account and receives pension and attendance allowance. Has small amount of savings. My brother is her main carer and I bel...
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I’m involved with the care of my mum who is in early 70s with Lewy body dementia which developed quite quickly. Things have stabilised and been fire fighting but now have time for lots of questions! Anyway hello to everyone.