Does anyone know who/what conditions qualify you to get transport home from hospital after you're discharged from A and E or a ward? I found this so far (hope it's the right one, having trouble thinking atm). https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/nhs-services-and-treatments/how-do-i-organise-t...
Having trouble finding out who prescribes/provides gel type cushions for home use? I've recently got an upgraded wheelchair cushion due to fat loss on buttocks. It's great, but, I do need one for the sofa too. Was told by wheelchair clinic it was for the GP to sort out. She says she doesn't know, b...
People who haven' t been through this (i.e non carers + non crip) don't have a clue how much time, effort and stress goes into getting the basics from the NHS/soc serv. How much chasing up, arguing, fighting, studying of rules/regs etc. It's driving me into the ground now too. My docs all seem to th...
Hey Chris, thanks for posting :) Re-Your post about armoured wheelchairs. I very much enjoyed the pictures and comedy, tx :D I've had a lot of gas and air (in ambulances) and extra morphine this week, so, pictures are about my level right now. Thanks for being accessible to the neurologically challe...
The app appears to be the easy part ... intervention of human beings always the hard part. I presume said app is linked to mobile phones or other device ( I'm a complete dinosaur in that field ! ) ? If so , I foresee a very practical problem on many manors ... street theft , a sitting target ? Lond...
NHS dumpster truck. Yeah, been on that a few times recently. I was chucked out of a completely empty ward at 3am. The nurses had so little to do that when my bed was wheeled in a few hours earlier, one said ''If you're bored, just call us''. I was far to sick to bother with chit chat, so I just lay ...
I'm sorry to hear your dad is back in hospital, but it does sound, at the moment, that that is the best place for him, especially if they can finally come up with a reliable diagnosis. As for the financial gen, do search the CUK website, not just the forum, as there is a lot of 'proper' info up the...
Good points Denis. Unfortunately over the decades, doctors have made quite a few (sometimes incredibly serious) mistakes with me (and three other members of my family). Two of us still live with the consequences. Around half my family members are also ex NHS staff, or currently medical/paramedic stu...
Not a carer, just a concerned friend, but I found The Selfish Pigs Guide to Caring a very good read. I'm also chronically ill/wheelchair user etc. I found it useful to try and understand how I can be an easier patient/family member/friend to deal with. Long term ill health does tend to make you bec...
OP wrote: '' Almost feel like I have to let my Dad get so bad that I have to call an ambulance, so he will be admitted to hospital via A&E! Sorry for the rant but have to vent!'' Don't be sorry. I went through the exact same thing with my own health care last winter. GP didn't realise the urgency o...