[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Elaine, I had a carers assessment last year where it was identified that I needed some respite. I felt we were doing ok at the time (always thinking there are others worse off!). No one pushed it from the professional side -why would they when I was saving them money? Now I really need some time ...
Thank you for your comment. The whole thing has just left me so upset/annoyed and everything else! As with most areas it seems everything is under a restructuring process alongside budget cuts... I know it's numbers to them but it's not to me. Ill start again Monday-it's just so draining,emotionally...
I recently asked mental health to signpost me to whoever may help me to get some respite. It sounds simple but I'm sure many people know different! I have spent the day being passed from pillar to post and then sat waiting for people to call me back;which they haven't! My husband has been left agita...
Hi! I also care for my husband who has significant mental health problems. A roller coaster is a very apt way of describing the whole thing... i find it particularly tiring trying to pre-empt his reaction in a difficult situation. I know it may not always be wise to do this but it has proved invalua...
Hi Elaine, Apologies for not replying sooner but I've been busy doing all the things on my list! In our local area we have a service called 'my choice' which is used as a signposting tool where you actually get to talk to a person not a machine. They have put me in touch with Mind to get some suppor...
Thank you for all your advice;some I had never even thought about. I'm going to start my 'to-do' list of who to call and make a start to get some help... We cannot carry on like the; something has got to change,for both our sakes. Thank you for taking the time to reply as well as for the advice;it i...
Hi Elaine,I've now given up work to care for my husband. Up until last summer I was working full time but I found I could no longer keep all the juggling balls in the air. None of his physical difficulties are life limiting but do increase the level of care he needs. I am my husbands support. As wit...
Due to the recent changes in mental health he now has a new worker-someone who he has no connection with at all. Then,like you ask,my husband has very little awareness of his own feelings let alone others. However,he is withdrawn more than usual tonight as the GP said if I didn't improve(asthma wise...
I believe I'm good at being the supportive person but not as good at accepting it. I'm sure I'm not the only one... This is why I'm 'airing' my thoughts to a collective of people who I don't know but I believe will 'get it'. I have cared for my husband for the last 6 years,we are relatively young (m...
Thank you for sharing this part of your life. Firstly,you're doing a great job,with all that is happening you are still moving forward which is the direction we all want to be going in. It is scary,frightening and tiring(as well as everything in between!) All I'd say is accept the support offered. Q...