It seems a lifetime ago since I last went clubbing in Liverpool (20yrs ago !!) The Cabin was my regular haunt !
Hi Meryl My mum who is also 91 and lives with me and my husband, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 5 years ago. She was put on the lower dose of Aricept with no noticeable side effects (her mobility is poor so I too was concerned about any dizziness, but she was fine). I. She initially showed a great i...
well done !!

GO Girl !
Hi Grant, welcome to the Forum, I hope you find it as useful as i have over the past few years. I've been caring for my Mum (now 91)full time for the past 5 years or so(since her dementia diagnosis) , although she has been living with us for around 10yrs (the first five in the USA). It's not been ea...
Glad to hear things are working out for you, you deserve it.
I think you were heading to Springwood in Allerton ,its where my dad's ashes were scattered (over 20 years ago now, and I still miss him)
Mum loves Andre Rieu, if she doesn't like anything on TV I have several DVD's as a stop gap. She will watch it over and over although I have come out of her room after a while (there is only so many Straus waltzes I can take in one go !) I also have a lovely relaxing CD in her bedroom which helps he...
Dear Della, welcome to our forum, so sorry to hear if your predicament. I too have my 91yr mum living with me (she suffers from dementia and osteoarthritis), with me as her carer for about five years She is a retired nurse used to giving orders and not fussed on me telling her what to do ! We have h...
Hi Judy

Welcome !
I've been looking after my 90yr old Mum for around 5 years too, and it can feel very isolating at times. I don't know if I could manage without the support of my Hubby
Thick cloud here too, watched most of it online, at the eclipses height opened the front door to see how dark it was, the clouds thinned slightly for a second or two and i managed to get the merest glimpse of it !
Happy Birthday !