[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Michael,<br/> I'm so sorry that you haven't managed to get your answers yet. We're in a similar situation. Now they have given dad folic acid for a month to see how that goes (he is supposed to take one a week anyway but had forgotten to during his illness). We were sent to see some consultant...
Hi Simon, I'm so with you on the money. I think that you should be able to earn a certain amount without it affecting your benefits (i.e. income support). It is ridiculous what they expect you to live on and I'm sure that some carers would love to do something part-time, where caring duties allow, t...
Just got back from doctor. All blood tests so far have come back normal but they've taken more blood, amongst which is a test for vitamin B12 defficiency. Also dad is getting a referral to the local memory clinic. Apparently because dad's memory has been getting generally worse, though very slowly, ...
I'm just amazed that we don't know all this stuff and I wonder how many older people who don't have carers, have been wrongly diagnosed with dementia.
Yes Mick, the confusion came on suddenly. Being a man who ALWAYS turned off lights behind him, closed cupboard doors after him, I started to get worried when he just stopped. He's been picture framing for about 20 years and he forgot how to do that and he's forgetting when he should take his medicat...
My dad is still confused after 2 weeks on antibiotics. He's had lots of blood tests too; glucose and thyroid included, both of which came back normal. Thing is, my dad is showing all the symptoms of low blood sugar (I googled symptoms of diabetes in the elderly) and I've noticed he gets worse (confu...
Hi Michael,
We spoke to the equity release ppl about 8 months ago. We can pay off the exisiting debt (plus charges). It's all down to us getting a mortgage between us now Image
Thanks all. We've been in touch with the equity release people and they won't play ball. I'm going to the CAB tomorrow for advice.

Aitch
<t>I feel so guilty....grrrrrrrrr.....After my mum died and my brother and I were both away from home doing our stuff, dad thought it would be a good idea to get an equity release out on the house. Now I'm living back at home looking after him and my brother, and as my dad's health deteriorates, all...
enormous HUG, Don.
Thinking of you and you know where we are
Aitch x