Hi, My wife and I have been receiving Universal Credit for several months. Just been notified of the payment and it seems that they have taken off £156.45 which on previous statements was for "You said that you are caring for one person". My wife is my 14 year old son's carer and he gets DLA at high...
Hi Sally, My Mum is not too bad. She just forgets things - people's names, places she has been etc etc. My sister has been to see them and my Dad is making an appointment with their solicitor as although my sister and I signed a Power of Attorney a few years back it seems it is a "medical" one and n...
Hi Thank you for the comments. They have more money than the amounts mentioned so wont get any funding. My sister and I signed Power of Attorney a few years back and Dad has already mentioned that he thinks we will now need to put that into play as he can't read any paperwork etc. It will be a huge ...
Hi My Dad is 83. Mum is 80. Dad has been having treatment for several months for macular degeneration. He is virtually blind in one eye and now cannot see much at all in the other eye. He has always driven but now sold car as he can't see to drive. Mum has dementia - both types. She already gets Att...
Thanks Rosemary. I am wondering what impact if any the Consultant's report will have on the PIP appeal - none I suspect since the "diagnosis" of the new tumour was only made yesterday and so does not relate to the appeal. The report will be submitted as part of the appeal process anyhow - but how do...
Thanks everyone. Yesterday afternoon my wife was given the results of a CT scan she had earlier in the day. Her gynae consultant confirmed that the cancer had returned as a tumour was showing near her bowels. He has said that she must now (once her abdominal wound has healed) have "palliative chemot...
Chris There is another issue regarding the PIP appeal. Back in June 2018, my wife sent the DWP a recorded delivery letter which was signed for and it contained a photo of her abdominal wound (which is very large - at the time around 12 inches wide x 6 inches high x 3 inches deep) and which I believe...
Hi Chris My wife doesn't have an Advocate. I am her appointee and so we are currently on our own in this! How do we get an Advocate? What we are really looking for is a definitive answer to a judge asking at the tribunal hearing 'So how can you care for your son 35 hours per week when you have your ...
Hi, Bit of a long story but in essence, my wife has been receiving carers allowance for our son for a number of years. He Is 14 years of age. My wife has stage 4 incurable cancer and has been in that position for 4 years now. In My last year she had surgery for a hernia and the wound became badly af...
Hi

Can someone who is I'll and receiving PIP claim and be paid Carers Allowance for looking after another member of the family who receives DLA?

Thanks.