[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello everyone - I am really struggling. My wonderful husband of 30 years who I have cared for intensively at home for the past 4 years has died suddenly. He was improving at last after a brain haemorrhage stroke in 2018:and we really hoped he had turned a corner. I miss him so much I can hardly bea...
Thanks for your replies - In nswer to the questions you asked - yes he has been assessed for nhs chc and they said he wouldn’t get it -he passed the checklist but had several highs but no severes on the full assessment - we will,appeal it. The financial situation is that he will,qualify for la funde...
Hi - I wonder if people can help - we are waiting for my husband to be discharged from hospital,to our own home. We have had a discharge planning meeting and it has been identified he will need four visits a day from carers, I will also be assisting with giving medication and overnight peg feeding. ...
Thanks for your replies - I have just spoken to the pharmacist in the hospital who has told me it is not the hospitals policy to vaccinate patients. I can’t believe it as we are constantly being told flu is a killer yet they are refusing to give him the vaccine. His gp has a dose of vaccine for him ...
Hi - I wonder if anyone can help, my husband has been in hospital for 6 months now following his stroke and is making very slow progress towards a home discharge which is expected to be in a couple of months. Meanwhile I have asked for him to have the flu jab he normally receives from the gp given t...
Thank you everyone for your replies - it’s good to know it’s possible - can anyone give me a link to the actual,official guidelines or procedures so I can be confident in the multi disciplinary meeting as I feel they will try to tell me it’s not possible and I want to have my facts to hand.
Hi everyone - if this is the wrong section for my question I apologise but I am wondering if my husband will be eligible for nhs continuing healthcare in our own home? He is currently still in hospital and will need ongoing care and some nursing on discharge. And thereafter. We are to having a multi...
Hi Phil I have recently joined too and care for my husband who is also severely disabled following two strokes. He had the first one over 10 years ago which left him with impaired mobility but has now had a second one, he’s currently in hospital but when he comes home will need a substantial care pa...
Hi Phil I have recently joined too and care for my husband who is also severely disabled following two strokes. He had the first one over 10 years ago which left him with impaired mobility but has now had a second one, he’s currently in hospital but when he comes home will need a substantial care pa...
Yes, I didn’t realise I was actually grieving until I posted on here almost in despair, and a couple of people explained to me about “ambiguous grief “ - you could google it if you like, it described a lot of what I was feeling and why. It did help to at least understand that and sort of validated i...