[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Sharon. You could try your local library or your local Community Centre. They have lots of events held there where you can meet new people and make friends. The library will have a notice board and possibly leaflets about local activities.
Let us know how you get on!
Sorry - I've just re read your post. I don't think Dial a ride will accept her because she is physically fit.
What about suggesting she gets a dog for companionship? Plus a dog would get her out every day taking it for walks!
Hi Suzy, Some very helpful advice from BB, Thara and Sunnyd. It sounds like your mum is lonely and still grieving for her husband. Try to find her some new hobbies and interests. Perhaps you could take her to her local library to get her reading. Or some libraries provide a book delivery service whe...
Hi Paige. Your situation with your daughter sounds very serious. You have other people in your family that need your help and attention too. But in my opinion put your daughter's needs first. Let her know how important she is to you. Also, make sure that she is allowed to make day to day decisions. ...
Hi Leeniepe, What your mum expects of you is unfair and unrealistic. There are no easy solutions. It is very tough for you that there is no support from anyone else in your family. Elderly/disabled people can be very selfish (if allowed) and manipulative. I think the way forward is for you to be tou...
Hi Joe, I'm not surprised you're fed up! It's not much of a life for you. Have you any other relatives helping with your gran? It would make a huge difference to you if you had some regular support from other family members. But - whether you have support or not you can help yourself. It won't be ea...
Katrina - this does sound worrying. Part of me thinks let him go, be on his own for a few days. But if he's depressed this might make him feel worse. Alternatively if you remind him of his responsibilities as a husband and father that might make him feel it's too much to cope with. This is horrible ...
Hi Sarah. My dad was a very heavy drinker and incredibly lived to be 91. Months before he died he had several falls and was admitted to hospital. They found that the alcoholism had depleted his body of a vitamin called Thiamine (or vitamin B1). Apparently this is common in people who are heavy drink...
Hi Faye, I am sorry to hear that your father is in hospital. You are obviously a loving, caring daughter. As long as you are there with your father - that's what matters. If your dad likes listening to music you could take along a small transpotable radio for him. You could postpone Christmas and ha...
Hi Katie Do you have a job or are you studying? Reading your post is sounds like you spend alot of your time at home. Please tell us more about your dad's health problems. Would your mum be able to care for him by herself? You are young and should be enjoying life. Start thinking about what you want.