[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you Bowlingbun, it's been a few years since he did any personal training but 1:1 training outdoors is a good idea. I'll mention this to him - we live on the outskirts of London.
Hello. My adult son has mild Asperger's disorder, is 27 and has never been able to hold down any kind of job. He still lives at home and is taking anti depressants and anti anxiety medications. Sadly he also drinks heavily. He is very intelligent and is a qualified Personal trainer. He did try worki...
Hello Pamela. Here is another idea. Try REWARDING MIL when she is good and hasn't made a mess. Tell her in the morning that if she is clean and does not make a mess then she will get a 'gift/present' at the end of every day.
Hello Londonbound, I am very sorry for your loss. There is never a good time to lose a loved one and there are many people out there who are not getting the support they need at this difficult time. I also lost a loved one and I had been going to a local 'Bereavement group' each week which really he...
Hi Rebecca. I feel so sorry for you and your partner. It's terrible that his condition is still undiagnosed.
Did his pain come on suddenly or was it more gradual?
Is the skin red and sore?
Has he got any other health problems?
Has he had antibiotics?
Is the pain worse when he passes water?
Hi Sue, Thank you for sharing your experience as a carer and daughter. It was so refreshing to read all the positive things you did for your mum during the last few years of her life. You were very kind and loving . It sounds like you did everything you possibly could to make life comfortable and pl...
Hi Mariella. You sound like a lovely daughter and I'm sure everyone reading your post will agree with what I'm about to say. You deserve to have a life of your own. You have helped your mum and dad for many years and by doing so have made many sacrifices. Now it is time to get a place of your own an...
Hi Louise and welcome to the forum. My advice to you is talk to your partner first before you change anything about your care. Why did your partner leave his job? Did he give up work to look after you? It sounds like he is depressed, but you really need to tell him how his behaviour is affecting you...
Don't do it!! You may well have lots of energy and enthusiasm now but sadly things change. I've been caring for my mum for 5 years. Caring wears you down. If you move in with your mum she will most likely take you for granted and expect more and more from you. If you do decide to move in with her th...
Hi Kate, Try to think positive. Do some research to find out what things he can do to slow the disease down.