[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Elizabeth. Please look after yourself properly. Your dad has reached an incredible age, but he is not treating you fairly. You must take care of yourself or you will get very ill. Your dad is being unreasonable telling you to 'take everything in your stride'. He is unaware of the effect this is h...
Hi Shaun, I'm very sorry about the loss of your dad. This is a difficult time for you. Last year I lost someone close to me, so I understand how you feel. What helped me was joining clubs in my local area. There was a Bereavement group, a dance class and a walking group that I joined. But sadly all ...
Hi Lil, I've signed the petition. I totally agree with you.
I think it is appalling that thousands of people are in isolation due to this lockdown. It is like being in solitary confinement.
Hello Lindsay and welcome to the forum. I hope you don't mind me asking this but do they know why your mum got early onset Alzheimer's in her 50's?
Dancing is my passion! I love aerobic dance classes and I belong to a group of about 20 of us. The class lasts for an hour and it always makes me feel happy and invigorated. It also gives me a chance to make new friends. The class is in the morning and gives me some 'me' time.
Hi Wendy, There's no easy answers to your problem. You are a kind and caring daughter to your mum. It is marvellous that you take her out for lunch twice a week - that gives her something to look forward to. My mum (age 90) loves going round the supermarket and other shops. She is now wheelchair bou...
Hi Melly, I've never done 'Nordic' walking, so I've just been reading up about it. It sounds amazing! It's great that these groups are still able to get together.
Hello everybody. I understand that a lot of you are feeling isolated during these difficult times due to the pandemic. Social gatherings have stopped. However, my local ageuk centre have started a weekly 'Walking group' which is allowed (as long as my area doesn't go into the very high risk group). ...
Even if your dad did get the virus it doesn't mean he would have to go to hospital or worse. Lots of elderly people have had the virus and survived. The main thing is to keep an eye on your dad for any changes such as a cough or high temperature etc. My advice is to have a loving, close relationship...
Hi Cameron, The biggest challenge for me is that caring never stops. It's not like other jobs where you work 9-5 and then go home. Caring for a family member is a continuous 365 days of the year job. I'm lucky in that I can leave my mum (age,90) on her own for a few hours. She has mobility problems....