If you start respecting yourself - then your mum will start respecting you. But it won't happen overnight. The fact a little toddler is involved (and you obviously love her very much) makes things more difficult. When your mum gets angry with you or is nasty to you then say 'I am not going to have a...
Jake - please don't allow your mum to treat you in this way. You should be out enjoying yourself. Decide what you would like to do - paid work or more studying. If your mum hasn't got much money then she might well be entitled to outside carers for free. I guess your mum is about 50 years old. She c...
What you could do is gradually add things you like doing to your weekly timetable. For instance if you're with her all day you could say that you'll 'arrive later on Monday because you have a class to go to' or you 'now meet up with other carers on a monday morning for a chat' or so on... This will ...
Joanne, please keep in touch.
The Samaritans are truly amazing! Please give them a call on 116123.
Hi Martin I have heard of similar situations where a relative will complain about some trivial thing. It sounds like you coped with this incident really well. Hold your head up high and be proud of all what you do for your dad. You obviously have always had a close, loving relationship with dad whic...
Both of you need some 'quiet, stress free' time together as a couple again.
Can you take some time off work so that you can be there for him?
Try putting him first (before the children, housework etc), listen to what he says.
Hi Jamie, You and your wife have had a terrible time, it's no wonder you're feeling depressed. When you're at work who looks after the children or is your wife able to manage by herself? You need to TALK to someone about your circumstances. It could be a friend, family member or someone official. Me...
Hi Claire,
It sounds like you've got ever such a lot to cope with.
Is there anyone who could look after the children for a few days to give you and your husband some special time together?
It may be that your husband doesn't feel he's important /loved anymore.
Let him make day to day decisions.
I understand you feel you need to be there for your mum but think of the future.
Your mum has only been home a few weeks - do you intend to still be doing the 'nightime' shift next month, next year, forever? Best to sort it out now and get the carers to help.
Hi Lisa. Your responsibility is for looking after yourself and your young son. Your dad was wrong to stop the night time carers from coming - they are NEEDED. While you continue to go to help your mum every night your dad will sit back and let you get on with it. Have you tried talking to the 'Strok...