I don't want to disappoint you but when he's had the memory test and then a brain scan there's not much they can do. My dad had dementia and Alzheimer's but he was told that the medication isn't much help. He was 91 years old.
Hi Kathleen. How old is your husband? While you are waiting for the memory test check your husband's blood pressure is normal. You can test your husband's memory by watching tv together and then asking him questions about the programne. Ask him to say the months of the year backwards starting from D...
Hi John, Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your health problems. It saddens me to hear that people can be so unkind and uncaring towards you. On this site people are more understanding and sympathetic. I care for my elderly mum and I have my own health issues too. It must be difficult f...
Hi Antony, You sound like a really caring brother and son. I wish there were more young men like you around! BUT you are entitled to meet other people and to leave home when you want to. It's obvious that you love your family very much but that doesn't mean that you have to give up your freedom in o...
You are going to have to be hard on them otherwise this situation will continue forever. Tell them that you need your spare room back - give them a months notice. If this doesn't work then you could write a letter to your local council explaining that the two of them are now homeless and will the co...
Hello Andrea and welcome to the forum. I understand how you feel. My mum doesn't live with me but lives 5 mins from me. I care for her every day and I do feel taken for granted. My mum is surprised if I want to do anything that doesn't involve her. How old is your mum and why did she move in with you?
Thank you Melly1. It's lovely to get some positive feedback x
Hi Tracy, you sound like a very caring daughter in law. I'm not an expert on personal hygiene but I have a few suggestions. Give your MIL a choice, say 'would you like your shower/wash now or before bedtime?' 'Who would you like to help you with your shower, me or someone else? Make sure the bathroo...
Hello Alice and welcome to the forum. Three people to care for sounds truly amazing!!! I hope you get some support from others. Do they all live with you?
I care for my mum (age 88) - she lives just up the road from me. Mum keeps me busy and fortunately is still 'compos mentis'.
Tony - ask yourself this - if you could turn the clock back 20 years or so what would your parents attitude have been to what you're having to put up with now?? My guess is that they would be horriffied. Next time they criticize you - stop what you're doing and walk away, tell them that you don't ha...