[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sorry - I mean Monday 23 March 2020.
Thank you for your replies. My mum is wheelchair bound but she doesn't have outside carers. I only have a few friends. I will contact them if I become desperate but obviously they are struggling with their own problems too. I have a yearly delivery pass with Sainsbury (which cost £60 paid in advance...
I'm a carer for my elderly mum. I have eyesight problems so I had to stop driving 2 years ago. I've managed ok so far by doing my grocery shopping online. But now all the online grocery slots are taken. I can walk to my local supermarket with my basket on wheels but the shelves are empty. I'm in my ...
It will help your caree if you or someone he knows is with him when he has the welfare check.
Hi Adam. I am very sad to hear about your wife's mental health problems. Firstly, if you or your wife need someone to talk to phone the Samaritans on 116123. They are the best professional people to talk to in a crisis. I understand what you're going through - not knowing what to expect and feeling ...
Hi SarahLouise. This is a fabulous forum and it is even better when the person who posted gets back to us!
Hi Helen. I agree with Pet66 - you have been very kind and caring to your nana so you have nothing to feel guilty about. However, the feelings you are experiencing are normal n these circumstances. You are young and this is a lot for you to cope with. What about your parents - are they on the scene?...
Hello Alan. You could try giving your mum a clock when you go to have your nap, and telling her that 'when it gets to 12 O'Clock she can call you'. Alternatively put some music on for her to listen to or the tv when you go for your kip. I saw a tv programme recently about dementia and sometimes givi...
Think back to when your mum was your age. I guess you're in your late 50's/early 60's. Did your mum have to give up her home and time to care for her mum? Somehow I doubt it.
Talk to your sisters and tell them how you feel.
Can you leave mum on her own while you go out for a walk/ shopping/ class?
Hi Victoria. I guess that the problem here is your dad's ATTITUDE towards you. I have a similar problem with my mum.There are no easy answers to this problem. My dad died just over a year ago, my mum then wanted me to take over his role and household duties (which I'm not prepared to do). It sounds ...