[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Dean, Hope you get better soon. I don't think you should have the covid jab till you are feeling well again. The trouble is that a few people (me included) can get a severe reaction to the covid jab. I had covid in the January and was very ill. Then in the March when I had the first covid vacc...
Lynn - Your needs are very important - you must start looking after yourself properly. It sounds like no one else is. To maintain good health you need to have a social life where you can talk to other family members and a network of friends. You need to do things you enjoy doing such as painting, se...
What does your husband think about this? How old are your children?
Do your parents contribute towards the bills, shopping, home maintenance etc? They ought to while they are living with you. And yes they should be paying you an income as well for giving up your time to look after them. My elderly mum lives nearby and she pays my son and I an allowance each week. I ...
Hi Louisa,
Find out if your mother is taking vitamin D supplements (known as the 'sunshine' vitamin).
Older people with low levels of vitamin D are more susceptible to falls.
Nicola - I used to work as a Teaching Assistant in a Secondary school. There were a group of students who could not face going in to certain lessons due to anxiety. I know how difficult this is. My job was to try to encourage them to go in to a lesson and sometimes I would sit with them in the class...
My dad had the same problem. Then he had a physiotherapist who taught him to do simple leg exercises to get the circulation going etc. Just lifting knees up and down one at a time for about a minute before getting up from chair helped my dad.
Hi Rebekah, Look - I'm not an expert in mental health, but from reading your post it sounds like your fiance is in the middle of a 'tug of war' between you and his mother!! Both fighting for him. This is not a good situation for any of you. It's no wonder you're in a state! My advice is for you to t...
Thank you Ethan - your kind words are very much appreciated.
You have my support too Bowlingbun.
I hope your son gets the care package he needs and deserves. You're a very good mum x