[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I would just like to add - encourage him to have a social life. He needs to get out and talk to friends and have something to look forward to.
You are right to be worried. Be aware that the more you offer to help your MIL the longer this will continue. I think employing a friend to do the night time shift is a good idea - but you should not have to pay for that. MIL must pay for her own care. Carers allowance is a benefit for someone who i...
What is ND?
Sarah - there is a simple solution to this. All you need to do is to take control. Work out a timetable for when you ARE available to help your mum eg Tuesday afternoon, Thursday evening , Saturday morning or whatever and stick to it. Then if your mum phones you asking for help on one of the other d...
I would suggest that your patient stands up from sitting every 30 minutes instead of sitting for prolonged periods.
Jane - Stop putting your mum first! You and your husband are important and deserve some respect. Your mum cannot expect you to run around after her like this. Start saying 'no' to her and turn your phone off at night. Work out what you are willing to do to help her and stick to it. For example take ...
I like belonging to social groups in my local area. These take place in the daytime and we meet up to talk, have tea, do activities together such as quizzes, games, listen to a speaker and have fun.
The other activity I love is aerobic dancing and listening to music.
Hello Jacqueline and welcome. You say 'Recently his behaviour has got much worse. Do you know why his behaviour has got worse? Has he got any friends or other places he goes to? It sounds like he is severely depressed and that is why he doesn't bother with his personal hygiene and cleaning anymore. ...
Oh dear - I can see lots of problems and upset if this goes ahead.
Can you move in with your partner on a temporary basis. And let Social services know that your mum is on her own now? Then I guess she will have to go into a care home to be looked after 24/7. Please put yourself first - you are in danger living like this. You need to get out before you get badly hu...