Hi Christina Last year my dad had a lot of trouble getting up from the armchair and also had falls. The reason why elderly people have difficulty getting up from sitting is because they lose muscle mass as they age. Dad had a physiotherapist come round each week to teach him simple exercises to help...
Good for you, Jennifer. You sound like a really lovely lady. Your husband is very lucky having you as his wife and carer. It sounds like the brothers are more trouble than they're worth. They probably feel that by visiting their disabled brother they are 'doing their bit' but they are actually makin...
Hello Justkel, welcome back. Is your mum still in hospital now? If so then please take a break and try to relax. Mum is safe and there are nurses looking after her. Please don't be offended but it sounds to me like your mum has taken over your life - this is not healthy. There is no doubt she certai...
It sounds like your daughter felt under extreme pressure studying for her A'Levels. Hopefully now that she has dropped out and the pressure has gone she'll start to feel better. My son suffered from anxiety and depression at 17 and he also dropped out of doing his A'levels. He has since been diagnos...
Hi Sara, So sorry to hear about your daughter. Have you found out why she took the overdose? Also what was she like during the days/weeks leading up to the overdose?
Hi Lisa, I care for my elderly mother who lives nearby. You say your mum has mobility problems, have you considered 'Dial a Ride?'. 'Dial a Ride' is free and offers two trips per week to Day Care Centres/Lunch clubs or the local supermarket or to visit nearby friends. It might be worth looking into ...
Hi Wendy and welcome to the forum. Elderly mum's can be very difficult to cope with sometimes. Your situation is much worse now that your mum is living with you. It sounds like you haven't got any support from anyone else. Have you thought about getting carers in to help look after mum? Your mum nee...
Hi Kathryn, Welcometo tge forum. My son is 25 years and has mild Aspergers and depression and anxiety problems. He did well at school but has gone downhill ever since. He has not been able to hold any job for more than a few days. To make things even worse he mixes with the wrong type of people who ...
Hi Sue, It sounds like you and your partner are doing a very good job looking after your mum. I agree with bowlingbun regarding the issue about the amount you're being paid. If your mum was in a nursing home it would certainly cost a lot more than £5000 every 6 months. Plus your mum obviously prefer...
Hi Jemma. I've just read your post and it reminds me very much to how my MIL was 20 years ago. My MIL completely 'took over' my sisrer in laws home. Father in law made things 100 times worse by being very critical towards my sister in law. Things got so bad that one day my sister in law walked out o...