[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
This looks like a triple nightmare for you. Now that you have had the courage to tell us, is there any way you can access some (confidential) counselling - through work, or your GP? Would that help you decide what you want to do/feel you must do for your Mum and how to achieve that while making sue ...
Oh, welcome to the club. Everyone else has said it better than I can. I can only add that the best solution with my aged parent was to be very brisk and also clear about what would happen when. For example, I am going now and will come back to make your tea/take you to the doctor/bring the shopping....
You are an amazing daughter. You have done so much - it's not surprising that you have reached your limit. Many people can't even start to do what you do and others would have been broken before you. There will be others here to talk to you about the longer term, but right now I'm just going to thro...
Perhaps you have already seen the British Lung Foundation pages on indoor air pollution https://www.blf.org.uk/support-for-you ... -pollution but I’ll post a link here in case it helps anyone else. They don’t recommend brands but do give hints on alternative ways to clean and what to avoid.
Oh dear, Polly, that is a nightmare for you both. I am sorry. When others read your post there will be people who have experience of parents in hospital and what might happen next. My own caring experience is different, but I can suggest that once the immediate treatment has been done, one possibili...
I had a card for my local scheme; I was able to set it up online. It was crucial for my peace of mind because my caree had a severe speech loss so could not have asked for help if anything happened to me. I had to set out exactly what caring I did and that went onto the system. Fortunately I never h...
Oh yes, guilt goes with bereavement. Every story I hear, whether from an ex-carer (which I am as well) or from someone whose loved one died suddenly with no warning, includes feelings of guilt. Gradually they pass, but they can return out of the blue. From the outside, you did more than I feel I cou...
Well done, Tracey. The other. thing I have learned from advice here is that when the discharge is finally arranged you should not sign anything about care or accommodation (or at least not until you have understood it and got advice on it) - that is because you don't have to pay anything, it is not ...
I can only answer about bed pads; I have no experience of medication. If using the disposable ones, don't get the smallest ones as they get rucked up and shift across the bed and then the sheets need changing anyway. If you can afford the bigger ones, they worked well for us. However in the end I fo...
I am going to raise a couple of practical questions, not related to benefits. (My late husband had seizures caused by a brain tumour and then a stroke, but I do recognise that your and your partner's experience will be different, so please ignore anything which is not helpful to you.) Firstly, has y...