Is there a hospice near you which offers bereavement support? I would say, though, my experience was that the group near me (actually run by the cancer support centre) recommended people wait to attend for about three months. Their thinking was that people would be more able to talk about their los...
Is there a hospice near you which offers bereavement support? I would say, though, my experience was that the group near me (actually run by the cancer support centre) recommended people wait to attend for about three months. Their thinking was that people would be more able to talk about their loss...
Brian it is actually a short time since your Mum died. It might feel like for ever to you, of course, but I mean not many weeks and you have already recognised the stress and lack of sleep that are still having an impact and the loss of the research focus. When a carer loses someone they do indeed l...
I think this link might have been posted on the forum before and I thought it might be useful to mention it again. A clip from a BBC programme. addressing the subject of grief is still available here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-43227108/why-grief-is-not-something-you-have-to-get-over . Bri...
I think the 'boundaries' thing only really works if you all stick to it, so you need your husband on board. I can only tell you how we did it - I hope you might find an idea in there somewhere. The family agreed and then announced which days who was going in (eg I'd get her shopping on x day, brothe...
Jen, I am sorry. I am happy to just read if you need to vent in despair, or answer questions if I can. It's not the same - none of us has identical experiences - but my late husband had a brain tumour, with seizures, and then a stroke; he had to move downstairs with carers coming in four times a day...
Pet, my husband died 20 months ago. (I still post here occasionally, because I had help from others while I was still looking after him.) I think you are doing so well at making decisions and getting things started; I have only just managed to have the first job done on the house and there is so muc...
My caring was in a different field, but I do believe you both need professional help now. Your girlfriend's health team needs to know how she deals with her emotions. This is not letting her down in any way; they can only help her with what they know about. And you have been able to tell us how you ...
Alan My late husband, who was grateful and did everything he was able to contribute to running the house, still assumed that I would take over everything else and care for him - so to that extent I think he did consider it my job. Other carers here often recommend counselling and if you cannot easil...
Our agency (East Anglia) started at 7 am. (As it happens, our preference was for a later morning slot, but I know the 7 am was true because at least once they came then.)