Elizabeth - well done so far! Keep going ...
I am so pleased to read that after the struggles you must have had (and I expect you've only told us half the story) things have worked so well for you and your mother. A bad person because you did all that even while you knew the impact on your life and marriage? Never! The responsibility for setti...
Jenny is right; it is at least worth trying to spell the choices out. My aged Mum - very mentally alert in every other way - failed to grasp the point for a long time. We lived in different towns, so I would go over by public transport after work and OH came late in the evening to drive me home. I h...
This thing about children worries me a lot. I helped support my mum (my brother bore the brunt of it). Mum was difficult - very alert mentally, but found it hard to walk, disliked ageing and being alone. I was then the 24/7 carer for my dear husband. I am so aware that we had planned to prop each ot...
Thank you for the thread. It's made me go and write the thank you letter I should have sent after OH died, which (shamefully) I had kept putting off. The GP surgery always rang me back if I had a query, always found him an appointment, always waited to listen to what he was saying when he got there ...
I've sent you a pm as I'm not sure what the rules about recommending specific products are on here. I found a site selling things for children that had some brilliant (but pricey)protective sheets in adult bed sizes.
My Mum ( who died age 90) used and liked them. She found the ordering process easy and the delivery reliable. She liked the option of small portions and I never heard her complain about the choice or quality (and she was a bit given to complaining!). I knew someone whose elderly relative had poor si...
I wish you both a peaceful time while you wait together. Please do know that everyone here will be thinking of you at this time. We don't know each other so please - do not be upset by my suggestion. My experience suggests that you should notify the GP now unless they have been in recently as they w...
:lol: It's definitely competiton time (for referrals and notes; I certainly don't want to compete with the enema story!).
Just to pick up on the issue of not being told anything: your friend if they wished could try writing a letter to the GP and Hospital which says something to the effect that "I give permission for X_1808 to be told when I am admitted to hospital and what my condition and treatment is". That should b...