Diane, I have come late to this thread, but I am sorry to read everything that has happened to you. I just want to add that bowling bun is right - asking all those questions is what Occupational Therapists do. And you have done exactly right - telling them exactly what your situation is, tears and a...
Hi Thomas. That is a hard place to be. I’m going to relate what we use here, although I recognise that most you will be doing and some will not be relevant to you - apologies if it is not helpful. My husband has dysphasia following a brain tumour and treatment. He can talk fluently about abstract th...
Well, DH is home. I had problems logging in, so could not thank you for all the support until now. The equipment did arrive before DH and he was brought home for a short visit in advance to make sure we really could manage. The reablement team is still coming in four times a day and rehabilitation t...
Just to say again, thank you for the help. I now have pages of notes, names and 'phone numbers. There is also a discharge plan taking shape. If it works, DH should be brought back for a supervised visit after the first batch of equipment has arrived, to check how much he can do and to identify anyth...
Melly1 thank you for the link; I had not seen that page. Bowlingbun, I am going to read your reply again several times before the meeting and am practising my best broken record assertiveness technique. I feel better just knowing what some of the pitfalls might be as forewarned really is forearmed; ...
First post, although I joined a long while ago. My husband has a brain tumour and has had a debulking operation, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. I have been caring for him (he has a speech loss, some cognitive problems and difficulty reading/writing) but he has been able to move around the house and ...