[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I am going to raise a couple of practical questions, not related to benefits. (My late husband had seizures caused by a brain tumour and then a stroke, but I do recognise that your and your partner's experience will be different, so please ignore anything which is not helpful to you.) Firstly, has y...
Hi Sally I am delighted to see you talk about supporting carers as well as patients. When we were contacted by the local palliative care team, they explained they were there for 'difficult questions' as we'll as pain relief etc. OH did not need their physical care or medication at that point and dec...
Since it sounds as if the injections could be given at the hospital (although her father wouldn't like it!) could your s-i-l ask about patient transport so he could be taken there each time without her. (She might have to be pushy to organise it, but there is usually an official transport service fo...
Andrew, I am so sorry for your loss. I am further down the road: my beloved husband died almost two years ago. I had been his carer for two years before that (he had a brain tumour). I feel that, in the early months, I had to adjust to the loss of being a carer (which had been my focus for so long) ...
Well done Tracey, you’ve done what you had to do. There will be others here who know how to help you through what comes next (I don’t know enough to do that) but you’ve taken that first step.
Congratulations to you all on the baby, but yes, how sad for you, as well. I am sorry. Our first grandson was born 7 months after my beloved husband died. I cried in private then but gradually as time has gone on I have been able to explain to close family that I love grandson to bits but every mile...
When I was preparing to apply on behalf of my late husband, I found I was thinking the answer to "can he do x" was "yes, if I do y and z". I was advised to change my way of thinking to "no, not unless I do y and z" and that helped me prepare a much clearer case. (Just as a reminder to anyone in the ...
My late husband had laminated pages of pictures with captions (smallish pictures, so maybe 20 to a page) made up by the SLT. They focussed on the things he was most likely to need. You could make up something similar if your SLT won't provide them. However, it does rely on the user having the abilit...
Hi Liz I have heard before of people who are suddenly able to rouse themselves for official visitors. Were you able to speak privately during the carer's part of the assessment? If not, as well as what Anne said, and if you have not done so already, could you keep a diary for a week of all the thing...
I wasn't my Mum's carer, just an occasional substitute. However, she played games with us over the shopping. The thing is, she just wanted attention and the shopping was only an excuse. If someone did meet her requirements for shopping, the demands transferred to something else. Now, she didn't have...