I was horrified when I took my son to the dental department at our local hospital My son has Down's Syndrome, has the mental age of maybe 18 month, so any dental work to be done needs to be done using general anesthetic. I was told he has the start of holes beginning in 3 front teeth. I thought "Ok,...
Has anyone designed a washing machine lock that can stop adults with learning disabilities getting into them? We have a 29 year old Down's syndrome son who will go into the washing machine or tumble dryer and take his underwear out and put them on. If the washing machine has finished it's cycle and ...
My son has had to have 2 stays in hospital this year, ( the 1st stay for a hernia operation, the 2nd as he had Pneumonia). As he has Down's Syndrome and the mental age of a 12 to 18 month old child, (He is 28 years old), As such someone needs to stay with him in hospital. There is nothing in place f...
Our 27 year old son, (who has Down's Syndrome), has recently had to stay in our local, (28 miles away), hospital for 3 days, after having some sort of mesh inserted to prevent his hernia from recurring. So my wife would stay overnight and myself, during the day. In my opinion, there is absolutely no...
My son has Down's syndrome. He has the mental age of approx a 2 yr old, can only say the odd word, ( you have to be around him a long time to understand those words). He had to have part of his bowels removed 2 yrs ago, due to his bowel being fibrous, knotted and having necrosis in part of it, ( whi...
I have been a carer for my son since he was born almost 27 yrs ago. I have never used a forum or spoken to other carers. In those years have seen a massive change in the way the disabled and their carers have been abused by those in power. Closure of all the schools in my area and the merging into o...