[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Mish, your Mum should be getting support from the OT's at your local hospital. Also it would be worth checking out local MND Association support groups. We are lucky in so much that we live in a large town with a local support group which holds monthly "drop ins", where other MND sufferers and volun...
<t>Hi Mish b and welcome.<br/> <br/> It's good to read that you have plenty of family support around you, as has been said it's very rare. MND is a horrible disease, seeing the person you love be able to do something for themselves one week only to find a week later they are not able to.<br/> One of...
I wholeheartedly agree Eun, there is little point in reviewing claimants with progressive and terminal illnesses and ideally such individual cases should maybe be exempt from review. When I suggested automatic reviews every 2-3 years, I was adopting a pen-pushers view on claims. Most of the pen-push...
<t>In the original post the reference in the Telegraph article reads: "Private agencies are to be paid by the Government to reduce benefit fraud by £1billion" It then goes on to refer to using Finance Experts. No-where in that article does it mention using: nosey neighbours, ex partners out for reve...
<t>Eun, I can imagine how you must feel.<br/> I've never had the courage to put my wife in respite care. Even though I still work full time and care for her, with no "Me Time" at all. I still feel as though I would be letting her down and abandoning her.<br/> What doesn't help either is she is a shy...
The stress those people went through was immeasurable and unnecessary. Sounds like the daily life of a carer! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif Life is littered with mistakes and errors. No system is foolproof, no-one is infallible. Mistakes and errors whilst they are annoying, upsettin...
Good to hear that you were able to have a frank discussion with your husband and come to a decision Debra. I think together you've made the right choice. Image
<t>Hi Linda, welcome.<br/> <br/> As has already been suggested, getting your Mum to her GP and making him/her aware of your Mum's alcohol problems should be a priority. He/She can point you in the right direction regarding alcohol support groups etc. And even prescribe medication (if appropriate) to...
Hi Michael
My wife takes these and has done for about a year. No side effects that I have noticed or she has complained about.
Ironing at midnight anyone?
No, not quite Anne! Image But I have done the ironing at 6am when I've been up early.