Hi Joanna and welcome to the forum. My heart went out to you reading that . I found this forum at 3am when my schizophrenic son was having a meltdown so I know the feeling of not being able to take much more. Firstly you can always rant on here we all do and it helps as we have all had similar exper...
Thanks for your replies and kind comments guys. I don't think there is a way round it I tried the company you suggested Jenny the man was very kind but his mental health condition can't be excluded. What has made the difference is the fact he has been sectioned within the last 10 years and has been ...
Hi I don't know if anyone can help me. My son who has lifelong schizophrenia and has moved into supported housing is doing much better mentally. He has had his medication changed and takes them religiously. He is feeling so much better he is going on holiday next month to Tenerife and is so excited ...
Hi I would love to be involved as my son has shizophrenia but I'm not on Facebook and don't want to be so is there another way of being involved ?
Hi lilac your post struck a chord with me ad my 24 year old son is schizophrenic and is also trying to live independently. He was on Quetiapine also and he declined quite rapidly with suicide attempts and anger issues he destroyed a lit if our stuff also destroyed a door in his flat and has smashed ...
She did mention a form when I rang her but my son is away at the moment and she can't ring the council until my son is with her.I've decided I'm going to be there too when she makes the phone call then I might stand an outside chance of understanding the situation. I tried her line manager but not a...
Thanks for the advice bowling bun some good ideas. I phoned his support worker today to be told she doesn't think he needs to pay it and said she will make a phone call next time she sees him. I'm really conf used now as we're being told a different story every time I contact them and all the time t...
I don't think he would agree to this as he is actually doing very well paying his bills and shopping for food etc and he is proud of how well he is doing generally in fact we all are but it's more the fact we have both been wrong gly advised by the support workers so now he is going to end up paying...
He is in supported living due to his mental illness (schizophrenia) . I don't know if that counts as he has capacity but cannot cope with organizing his bills and such.
Hi I would be grateful for any thoughts or advice . My son moved into supported accommodation in may and prior to moving in we were both told his housing benefit would cover the rent and council tax. His support worker helped him set up his other bills and he has coped well with paying them. A month...