[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello,

I am sorry. I forgot to mention the carers. She has a district nurse who comes every day, and two carers who help her wash and dress. Yet, I think she needs more care, and I am just not quite sure how able our family are to provide this.
Hello, My mother came back to the farm on Tuesday. Although we knew discharge was imminent, it seemed to come very suddenly, a short phone call from the social worker at 11 to say she would be coming back in the afternoon. She is very fragile and on a lot of medication, including opiates. She has os...
Hello, Just a quick update. My mother is making excellent progress. She is walking, with a frame, from her bed to the toilet and the hospital are keen for her to be discharged as soon as possible (early next week). My brother has had the plumber in and the leaking boiler has been removed. A new boil...
Hello, Thank you for the really helpful reply. The good news is that my mother has had an operation and has received an implant for half her right hip. She has come round after the operation and is now receiving some post-operative physiotherapy . She has a rash on her chest which the dermatologist ...
I think this may be posted on the wrong sub-forum. However, I am not sure where to place it. The issue is a little sensitive, so please feel free to move the post if this is appropriate. My mother is 92 and has no formal diagnosis of disability. However, she is frail and she gets a little confused a...
Hello, Thank you for the support. My FIL is still very ill. His sepsis seemed to abate, but then, when he moved hospital for rehabilitation and physiotherapy, he caught pneumonia and had to return to the main hospital. He seems to be pulling through, but he has very little movement in his hands, he ...
Hello, This is just a quick update. My husband walked out of his mother's house yesterday and is refusing to come back. I have been fielding phone calls from my MIL, but I support my husband's decision. When I asked what 'care' he was providing, it turns out that there was very little practical care...
Hello, My husband has Asperger syndrome and I have found the forum 'Different Together' really helpful with respect to understanding a little more about neurotypical/neurodiverse relationships and in terms of gaining extra support. Although we have been married for 22 years, we have not lived togeth...
Hello, Thank you for the very prompt and helpful reply. I will answer a few of the questions first. My mother in law is claiming no benefits at all. She refuses to consider a care assessment, claiming that she does not need one, she does not want anyone else involved in her care, and that her husban...
Hello, My mother in law was diagnosed with mixed dementia in February. She is 88. Her husband has gone into hospital with sepsis and other problems (not yet identified) and the consultant has said he will be in hospital for a considerable time. My parents in law live in a rural setting that is quite...