[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Once again, thank you for the continuing support. My brother still runs the farm, although it is largely contracted out, so he does not have a lot of 'hands on' work to do. However, the farmhouse and buildings are quite run down. There is a constant problem with hot water, and my brother boils water...
Pet66, thank you for the reply. Indeed, if my brother has not contacted the GP, I could alert him to the fact that he may have an infection or other (mild) illness that could be making him feel 'out of sorts'. Obviously, I am concerned about my mother, who is very dependent on him. I also realise th...
Hello, I am not quite sure where to post this, however, my brother is the primary carer for our 93 year old mother. They live together on a quite isolated farm. My mother has carers to support her to get washed and dressed every morning. I visit during the afternoon/early evening to prepare a meal a...
Nicola, The statements that you received from the meeting are , in my opinion, excuses for authorities to do nothing. Someone mentioned IPSEA and our children's right to education. Please try to get some advice from them. I can also remember services for education (I think one was called Red Balloon...
As someone said previously, school 'refusal' is more common than most people assume. My youngest had a short spell of refusal in Y7 and then began serious refusal in Y9. He was given absence on medical grounds, because he had a diagnosis of Generalised Anxiety Disorder. My eldest stopped attending s...
Hello,

I am sorry. I forgot to mention the carers. She has a district nurse who comes every day, and two carers who help her wash and dress. Yet, I think she needs more care, and I am just not quite sure how able our family are to provide this.
Hello, My mother came back to the farm on Tuesday. Although we knew discharge was imminent, it seemed to come very suddenly, a short phone call from the social worker at 11 to say she would be coming back in the afternoon. She is very fragile and on a lot of medication, including opiates. She has os...
Hello, Just a quick update. My mother is making excellent progress. She is walking, with a frame, from her bed to the toilet and the hospital are keen for her to be discharged as soon as possible (early next week). My brother has had the plumber in and the leaking boiler has been removed. A new boil...
Hello, Thank you for the really helpful reply. The good news is that my mother has had an operation and has received an implant for half her right hip. She has come round after the operation and is now receiving some post-operative physiotherapy . She has a rash on her chest which the dermatologist ...
I think this may be posted on the wrong sub-forum. However, I am not sure where to place it. The issue is a little sensitive, so please feel free to move the post if this is appropriate. My mother is 92 and has no formal diagnosis of disability. However, she is frail and she gets a little confused a...