[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Thara, Thank you for replying. You have come up with some helpful advice. My son does not have an official diagnosis of OCD, although his behaviour suggests that he could be experiencing something like OCD. He has had no therapeutic intervention since he was 15 or 16 because he refuses any sor...
Hi, I have posted frequently in the past about my eldest son who is currently in residential care, supported for needs associated with autism and a long term mental health condition. However, I just need a little advice about caring for/supporting his brother, our youngest son. My youngest son is 18...
Hello Sara,

Welcome to the forum. I also have an ASD partner. This forum is very helpful and so if the forum for 'Different Together'.
Hello Chelsea,

The OU also run Access modules. These are slightly different to the Access courses run in colleges. Basically, they offer you the chance to study a module, gain academic study skills and see if you can fit in study with work and caring responsibilities.
Hello, My son's social worker rang me yesterday to ask a little more about the situation. The home had contacted him after I spoke to the manager about the situation. I realised, through the conversation, that actually, I do not know how much money my son receives in benefit. I attend to his on line...
Hello, Thank you, Yes, my son can walk. He does go out on his own but he is very vulnerable. The home claims a substantial amount each week for 1:1 support. I do not think he gets a mobility component in his benefit. He gets the supported group allowance of ESA. He has a diagnosis of autism and expe...
Hello, Thank you Chris and Bowling Bun. The more I find out about this caring business, the more confusing it becomes. The information from Mencap was very useful and clarifies the fundamental difference between residential care and supported living. Yet I think there may be issues of what really is...
Thank you for responding so promptly. I have checked and the home is registered as a 'care home', so I think that sort of answers my question. I have been sent a letter which breaks down the charge and explains why it has increased. I think it was just the comment that the accommodation was 'support...
Hello, Just a quick question. My son (20) lives in accommodation that the providers describe as 'supported living'. The ethos of the provision is that individuals work towards independence. However, the local authority class the residence as 'residential care' and charge my son accordingly (requirin...
Thank you Chris.

This will be my weekend reading.