Thank you Chris.

This will be my weekend reading.
Hello, My son will be having a Continuing Healthcare Assessment on Tuesday. I have been invited to the meeting to support him. Does anyone know anything about these assessments? I have read the guidance online and looked at sample assessments and criteria, but I do not think the assessment is design...
Yes, I agree. I feel there is so much wrong here. In fact, my son was saying things that showed clearly he felt his placement was in jeopardy because of his 'behaviour'. It was wrong in so many ways. I think this is why I am finding it so difficult to draft a response. Normally, I will present my so...
Hello, I have posted a few times about my eldest son and his placement. I would just like a little guidance on how I should approach a response to a request from my son's supported living provider. About two weeks ago, I attended a meeting at my son's residence. I was told this was an informal meeti...
Hello, I just noticed this post. My husband has Asperger syndrome and unstable mental health. We have been married for 20 years, although we have lived apart for nearly four years. We see each other every day and communicate frequently by text, e-mail and phone. Unfortunately, my husband cannot work...
Hello, I apologise for the delay in response. I have not been on the forum for a little time. I do not know the legal implications, however, I am the parent of a 19 year old with autism and I would think it wise to have a trial period first before any real decision is made. Why not try to agree on g...
My husband and I separated (not legally) three years ago. Honestly, it was the best thing we have done and we should have done it years ago. My husband now lodges with a friend a few streets away from where my youngest son and I live. We see each other every day and I provide moral support and make ...
Hello again, We had a meeting on Tuesday between my son, the managers of the home, the, clinical lead' at the home and the EIT care coordinator and parents (us). The care coordinator is suggesting drama therapy to help my son explore options and manage his anxiety. However, she phoned me prior to th...
Thank you. The meeting was cancelled at short notice, yesterday. It has been rearranged for next week. I think you are right when you say lip service is played to the agenda of person-centred decision making. However, by keeping every meeting informal and singular and by keeping my son completely ou...
Hello, Thank you for the support. Yes, I am a little puzzled. I think I expected the phrases, 'person-centred support' and ' multi-agency collaboration' to mean my son would be directly involved and central to the decision making process and that agencies would literally sit round a table and discus...