Yes I have one. When my boy was struggling it started "Get him functioning and independent". Even though he is now mostly there I keep it on top to remind me how far we have come, and to make sure he doesn't slip back. The items below the top run to 4 A4 pages! I am getting through them :) Mostly tr...
Suzanne You are doing too much for her, for all the right reasons, but it is enabling her to stay isolated and blaming you because you do everything. Even if Social services do house her and arrange care, that would be her in a room somewhere with carers coming in 3 times a day for a few minutes jus...
Please excuse me for posting another of Mark Nearys thought provoking blogs about caring for his learning disabled adult son. This one is called "Just a job" His sentiments in here resonate with all balancing caring for a loved one with in the confines of state "help" https://markneary1dotcom1.wordp...
Welcome Charlotte
What an extensive caring history! We look forward to hearing of your experiences.

What brings you to a forum now? Do you have a particular concern or need? Most of us first arrive here at a time of crisis, exhaustion or anger... or sometimes all three!

Kr
MrsA
Jas
116 123
whenever you feel down please contact the Samaritans.
if phoning isn't easy there are other ways

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-h ... samaritan/

xx
MrsA
Hi Cathy I think it's worth you taking a couple of weeks off work "with stress" and use the time to chill a bit (don't tell Mum and Dad) and really research your options. Both Mum and Dad may actually go one for another 10+ years, my Mum is 96 . Even if Dad ends up in residential care (which is like...
Oh dear Davina, what a day. I think I'd have done the same in the circumstances, just I'd have run faster :D On a more serious note, does he need a doctor, physical illness? Tho I do know a lot of dementia patients have issue with poo. Nothing you can do tonight. Have a glass of wine or nice cup of ...
Sue I think you need legal advice asap. I've never heard of a joint will. We recently 're did our wills and the solicitor told us to review it on every death, birth, marriage or divorce and change of property of any one mentioned in it. That would mean Mum should have reviewed hers after Dad died It...
Hi Chris, The big problem we have is finding a suitable house. We own our home, but it’s not suitable. I sleep in the front room and can’t access the bathroom/shower. I blogged about it. The OT suggests we get a council house as we can’t afford the type of house we need. This house would not sell f...
Hi Mike I'm not so good with the emotional side of things, but am sure there's some support group or charity somewhere for people facing losing someone early. Where I can be of help, I hope, is on the financial side. It may well worth your wife, and to some extent you, looking at any workplace benef...