Hi Jess Always pleased to hear from you, we are used to bad news on here and worry so when we don't hear from people. So sorry you are still going through tough times. That is a long time for hubby to be so ill, you must be exhausted, mentally and physically. Please use whatever help you can find, a...
Julie I suggest you put in a formal complaint about the delays. They will then try to fob you off at which point you complain to the Ombudsmen . He will then find fault and may well insist they backdate any payments due. Make sure you follow councils official complaints process to the letter, else o...
My neighbours husband thought his wife was an enemy soldier and kept attacking her. He recognised his daughter's though and was pleasant to everyone else. As others have said you won't change him now, and realistically must plan in case it gets worse. My neighbours husband had to go into a residenti...
Yes, surely it should be 'evident' that your caree NEEDS someone with them - and that someone is, automatically, their carer! Could you take any documentation you might have that shows you are in receipt of Carer's Allowance? That might do the trick? Not always Jenny. Many disabilities aren't obvio...
Please Pet, don't berate yourself for being assertive and standing up for Hubby and for you. You were perfectly right to do so.

Xx
MrsA
Yet another new story about the profits being made by big companies from NHS/SS contracts, especially in the mental health areas https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6375895/Parents-slam-health-fat-cats-getting-730-000-annually-autistic-child-lock-up.html?ico=amp-comments-viewall#comments-637589...
I wish I could organise entertainment/engagement for him but I can’t figure out what to do! We’re not very well placed for groups as we don’t live in a city or large town. Taxis are prohibitively expensive in our area. Insanely expensive, actually. The sad reality probably is that he is quite conte...
The full report went into a lot more detail, the above is only a summary. Due to outside events (house purchases falling through etc) the money gifted left the carees bank account the day before he went into Home so one can understand why they jumped to conclusions. The baseline that council should ...
Very poignant and moving. Timely as well with Remembrance Day tomorrow.
I hope you have someone to smile at you and hug you 'Tomorrow is Another Day'

Kr
MrsA
Hi Jason
If they are self funding, i.e. have savings over £23000 then you can a range what care you want. Most agencies can provide a live in carer for weekends, some might prefer a regular routine so phone around.

Kr
MrsA