Phew! So pleased for you and him Pet. Just shows how important it is to keep tabs and visit regulalry, no matter how good the Home. Sound like it was a weekend thing where perhaps the staff prefer to take an easier route than following full procedures...

Xx
MrsA
Hi Sarah Sometime ago I posted on here about a community type nurse I met socially at an exercise class. She had no idea I was a carer. She told me how frustrating her job was as so many people had "non-compliant "families. By "non compliant"she seems to mean those who had to either keep working or ...
Pet A rib is either cracked or not. It can't be 'potential' as it has already happened. It sounds like they are trying to make it seem more serious than it is. It's neither your fault nor your problem if staff aren't paid for time off sick. I bet they made a mistake with the hoist and are afraid to ...
It's Mums savings that count towards care costs, not yours. If she's living in her own home then the value of the house is disregarded so it's only her income and savings that are taken into account. After hospital she should get 6 weeks free rehab care. After that full contribute if she has over £2...
Oh WAIT I just remembered this. You can go direct to Cqc to report poor care https://www.cqc.org.uk/share-your-experience-finder The above link is a report, not a complaintit highlights to them who might need inspecting . I think formal complaints process is different but I cant find it now when I'm...
My take on the situation is, only my own view.. I've just been ploughing through this weeks list of the findings from the LGOSC Ombudsman. It amazes me how few cases are successful. Some are rejected because there hasn't been a formal complaint made to the Council first, that's formal complaint foll...
Yep, that does put a different slant on it. You, Helen, need to take control and do what is right. You are letting her control you, which is how it was when you were a child, but like so many on here you have to adjust to the fact that aging changes roles, and you are now effectively the parent and ...
Hi David and welcome Yes you are a carer, even though your caree is currently in hospital. Are either of you in receipt of attendance allowance? It's worth claiming as it would help go towards travel costs. It's a huge form to fill in but worth it. It's not means tested, just goes on practical needs...
So,give her an either /or choice.
Wheelchair or scooter, which ? Be clearly calmly assertive one or the other. Get her to try both and choose. Doing nothing is not an option.
Pleased to hear that Kay :)