Im not sure. This is part of separate taxation and benefits and pensions that today's equal women want. If anything they shouldnt have paid pensiin credits to a couple, at a couples rate when one of them wasnt even retired yet. Having said that though, the thinking does seem muddled as they mention ...
Thank you. Yes I have been talking to her. And I agree, my fear that she drifts off when i'm not there. Thanks to the wisdom of the local NHS trust (east Kent), though I live a 2 minute drive from Kent and Canterbury hospital, this has been downgraded and mum is in Ashford, approx. 25 minutes drive...
So sorry to hear this Nicholas. You, and she, will be in my thoughts
Xx
MrsA
Well done on getting through all that Pam. Must have been scary. It's amazing how our bodies carry us through. Don't be alarmed if you feel worse or a bit poorly now, it will be relief.
That sounds like bullying of a vulnerable person, the added jobs by others I mean. Definitley bring it up with his support worker
Joan Please don't feel too bad about not having Mum at home. It is sad her dementia has increased that she now needs a whole team of people, but that's the way it is. No one can cope alone. If she can't remember how to stand it's likely she's misremembering where home is, she could be wanting to go ...
Jacqueline It's not unusual for a body to feel poleaxed and poorly when in shock, or when stress worsens or stops. You had been thinking you would have Mum for many more years yet and this latest and sudden downturn was not expected. Try to be kind to your body and to yourself. When my caring situat...
Londonbound You can raise a safeguarding issue if you feel it amounts to this. Here's a link of one organisation's view of what constitutes safeguarding risk. http://hrch.nhs.uk/patients/patient-safety/safeguarding-adults-at-risk/ All health/social care organisations should follow the same principle...
Ah, it does make more sense if he has previous mental health issues. Such a shame he didn't feel able to be honest with you,a sign of low self esteem or lack of self confidence. But that isn't the issue now. Best to make sure he gets to the appointment and knows he is loved and supported. There quit...
Hi Ann Lurking is good. Most of us lurked before plunging in : :D Start by remembering the phrase 'unsafe discharge' and be prepared to quote it at anybody discussing Mums discharge. That should buy you enough time to ensure the discharge procedures are followed fully and thoroughly. It sounds like ...