Hi Scarlett Love the user name!!!And the signature :lol: We have a saying in here that NEEDS trump WANTS which means that as caree deteriorates their physical, medical and safety NEEDs have to take priority over their WANTS and wishes . Thry may want to stay at home, or wish they could still be inde...
Hi Lauren
It's all about balance. Takes effort but you can balance work and care , with help. Just watch it doesn't start getting out of balance again.
Xx
MrsA
Funnies about this are spreading.
I like this one about including it to fill the gaps in our local transport provision
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Caterha ... 137537919/
Hi Faye I'm so sorry to read all that. If the hospital complaints procedure is being followed by you but not by them then in my personal opinion, you will have to go outside the broken system and try involve local press or local mp. Does Dad have an advocate? (I've heard of them but would not know h...
Hi Lauren I agree with what Bowlingbun has said. Plus I'd recommend looking for, and getting, a full time job, for 2 reasons. 1 It is impossible to get part time work, or indeed any work, when an employer knows you have caring duties. Even though they are supposed to make adjustments they don't. Mos...
Hi Penny It also sounds time to start working on a plan for what happens to her when you are either no longer around, or unable to care for her yourself I write as someone who has had 2 friends9s in their 60s taken suddenly seriously ill this week. One cares for her 90 year old parent, the other for...
I saw that news story and thought the same... who would steal such a thing and where would they hide/use it?
Bet its found painted green and called "Percy" :roll:
I'd also suggest a mini fridge just for Dad. You can put his food in there daily and then lock the main fridge. I know you shouldn't have to do this but sometimes it is easier to put physical measures in place rather than educate carers, many of whom receive no training at all and many of whom could...
Brilliant list Diane :D
Hi Helen I'm sorry no one else has responded to you yet, sometimes posts can get missed. It's not really my area of expertise but I Think you need to contact adult social services of the area where she lives and ask (demand nicely!) for her to have an urgent needs assessment because she's vulnerable...