Hi Corally I had a friend who became an alcoholic and trying to support her was very difficult. Theres something in long term alcohol abuse that affects the brain cells and so it is pointless trying to rationalise with them. It might help you to think of it like he has dementia and stop expecting 'n...
Hi Kieron What you are doing for mums is admirable and a personal quality many others would find attractive. It does seem as though the balance between her needs and yours has over tipped somewhat. It's important for you own well being that you get some regular breaks away, preferably something week...
Hi Lesley Dont beat yourself up over what was normal knee jerk reaction that many of us would make in the circumstances. From here you will get the information you needed then Unfortunalty it sounds like your pleas for help were to the wrong people. Nurses and OT tend to be NHS staff where care at h...
You will probably need to refer this to a solicitor who will try to find relatives. Without a will, even estranged relatives count and will inherit. Only if there are no relatives at all anything he has passes to the Crown https://www.gov.uk/unclaimed-estates-bona-vacantia/refer-an-estate https://ww...
My Mum has her own tv in her own room. Don't most?
The home has several common areas, people chose which to sit in, only one has a tv on. They don't have to stay in that area if they don't wish.
I'm sure they were grateful for all your help.
And well done you!

I wasn't a member here 11 years ago. Bet you've seen some changes. Any tips for us newer carers?

Kr
MrsA
A couple of photos would help. No need for a long log of incidents.
I have no idea what has gone on here today, but I do know that many people come to this forum in times of high stress, and it's particularly noticeable in those who join then come and go as their caring situation either rises or falls (often into despair) I think we should make allowances for this. ...
The other word that spring to mind is "safeguarding". If you feel Dad and/or his wife is vulnerable in any way, perhaps by neglect, or is in danger, then raise an urgent safeguarding case with the SS. Most councils have policies that say safeguarding will be investigated within 28 days.

Kr
MrsA