The thread was started over 2 years ago...
But am sure there are still stomas out there needing care
Also, I don't think anyone could cope with listening for a monitor 24/7. That's just unachievable. You need some respite from that, either someone else to be there while you sleep or go out. Talk to his medical team about that -they probably didn't think about you, and are used to there being whole ...
Hi Jen It's very very common that the needs of carers are overlooked, especially in complex medical cases such as your husband's. It is only after a time that carers realise that the time and attention to the caree is actually not good for the carer. So you have to look after yourself as well as loo...
Phew indeed Jacqueline, but do remember that bereavement isn't a straight and level road. It's more of a roller coaster with twists and turns and ups and downs. was really pleased to hear how well you are doing and how much has been sorted, and thank you for updating us. We were quite worried about ...
The careers agency should have insurance for this kind of thing. Report it to them
My Gertrude has suddenly produced 5 more flowers too.
Brewing me 5th. pint of coffee at the time .... My Beloved Saints wining in Seattle last night ... without Drew Brees ... knocked me for six this morning ... a very welcomed shock ! 2009 ... I wonder what she made of the CarerKiller in 2009 ... James Purnell ? I don't know what you put in your coff...
Just finished "The Queen of bloody everything" by Joanna Nadin and recommend it. Good story, easy reading on one level but with many hidden references to childrens literature. A trip down memory road

Helena, it would be a good book club book
It's the sudden surprises that get us most
(((Hugs)))
My Mum (with dementia) keeps asking when she's going home, but it turns out she doesn't know where home is, sometimes it's her childhood home. Now we just say "when you are well enough" or "when you are better" and she seems to accept this as she knows something is wrong. It is sad their NEEDS mean ...