[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
In a cafe today I met a couple who had a big cat sitting on the table. From a distance it looked real. Turns out it is a “dementia cat” so the lady tells me and her husband, who has dementia is its proud owner. it purrs, closes its eyes rolls over, lifts its paws etc. They cost about £120 but the wi...
Ok be gentle 🙏 Brief background - mother had brain haemorrhage in 2012, I gave up work to care for her in 2012. I had surgery in 2015 which went catastrophically wrong leaving me with 3 stoma bags, mother went into a home in 2015. She owns a small terraced house, The property was disregarded was 12...
Hope you managed a nice Christmas. My daughter chose to go to residential college when she was just 16 so the youngest there. TBH it was a waste of two years in my opinion. She cried and kept ringing constantly every evening and there was no rest for us as we worried constantly so at least your daug...
I think often social workers etc take what people say as gospel whereas it is the family who knows them best. So when they answer “yes” to every question they don’t actually mean it. My late Dad said yes to everything, yes he could manage at home, yes I would go and help them out every day etc. he s...
I saw this the other day and felt so sorry for these women. I am glad that Dementia is being highlighted again because the number of people getting it now is staggering. My husband thinks its to do with spraying crops and what we eat. My neighbour thinks it’s to do with satellites and what’s going o...
Good tenants do not kicked out of rented homes. [/i] Section 21 evictions have a lot to answer for ... just ask Brian : https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/tips-and-practical-advice/landlord-wants-to-sell-36112 I agree with the parents angle to a limited extent ... fathers not taking ...
At least 135,000 children in Britain to be homeless at Christmas. Housing charity Shelter estimates that 183 children lose their homes every day. [/size][/b] https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/dec/03/at-least-135000-children-in-britain-will-be-homeless-at-christmas I’m going to be controversi...
Aldi have some lovely soft wool in at the moment, complete with a pattern on the ball band. I bought some beautiful very thick, soft baby wool from there to make a baby blanket. They have some lovely colours. Oh I’ve seen this and it looks lovely. I once bought some cotton yarn from Lidl and it kni...
Checked by year of birth on labour's web site re: compensation. This followed today with an email from the labour party. Asking had I voted or was undecided or will not be voting labour. Interesting, way to find out how the information re:possible compensation. Has gone down and if it has influence...
Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:35 pm
Good news indeed , Penny.

Fingers crossed it's not a tower block ?
No tower blocks around here Chris! Very rural. :D