[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Having a very bad day. My child was supposed to be at a friends and she has gone missing and my husband is looking at me as if he really hates me. I can't take the strain of caring for her and worrying about what she is up to/doing to herself any more. Pauline .... do you still have any contacts at...
Melly1 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:07 am
They certainly do, Penny. He is lucky to have you acting on his behalf.

Melly1
It concerns me that a lot of people don’t have anybody looking out for them and I wonder how many people like this are missing out.
Yes, well done Melly. My daughter’s boyfriend is on UC which tops up his wages. It has been very good overall but he could never manage it on his own. I had to go into the Job Centre with him and they agreed that I could be his appointee as he doesn’t have a computer and couldn’t use it if he had as...
In my opinion forget the CQC and just look at other homes and get your Mum moved. The CQC didn’t listen to my complaints about the home my Mum was in for 8 months where they were nasty to her. Where she was given inadequate food. The CQC inspection took place while I was there and they asked if they...
Another property in the village came up, we bid on it and was shortlisted but not offered to my daughter. things are very tense here! I emailed the council to ask why we weren’t offered it and who can be more priority than someone in the priority band. The council are now saying she has never been i...
I was told mid Sept that Mum is on end of life care. I managed to get Fast Track NHS Continuing Health Care for her and she is in a marvellous care home. She and I both said a couple of years ago that she is happy to stay there and does not want to go anywhere else when her time comes. The staff are...
sunnydisposition wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:22 pm
Agreed, that's cheap as chips.
Depends what the other charges are. This £14.50 a month is additional.
Sounds like my daughter too! although she is in her 30’s she is much younger mentally. She has learning difficulties and is on the autistic spectrum. She has never been diagnosed with a mental health disorder but she was getting very low a while back and the GP prescribed Citalopram but she has refu...
Wendy .... speak to the GP and ask for FAST TRACK CHC. My Mum is in a care home, self funding but had deteriorated quite drastically. That is what Fast Track is all about, not just end of life care. I had to point this out to the GP who did not know this and was then really helpful. The paperwork is...
I was really disappointed when I found out your Carers Allowance stopped when you got your State Pension. My caring role is just as much as it ever was before I got my pension. I still have to drive my daughter about, make appointments, manage her benefits and money, be there when she has a meltdown...