[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Sam and Toni! You sound like you both have similar concerns. Dementia is a horrible illness. My Mum has it and it is just awful. This coronavirus just makes it worse because people who are trying to cope at home have a terrible time with no respite at all. My Mum is in a care home but I normal...
We were talking at lunchtime about texts we’ve had. My daughter who has Learning diffs then said she had had a text from the doctors surgery a few days ago. I asked her if I could see it and she said she deleted it. What good is it sending texts to people who can’t understand it? She is listed as ha...
The government advice tonight is that boyfriend/girlfriends should not be visiting each other. Everybody needs to stay in one place and not move from house to house. I think, since she is at yours now and her daughter is an adult she should stay where she is. My daughter is in a similar position. He...
I did a big shop at Aldi today. fantastic. Very quiet and got everything I needed.Plenty of everything except the usual loo rolls.

I can only assume that the panic buyers are still stocked to high heaven and don’t need to shop this week so there’s plenty for the rest of us.
Hi, I've been a carer for 15years for my disabled mother whom I dont live with. I've never joined any carer group before now. I've never really taken the benefits of joining only thought about it. Anyway in this crisis I would like to know if there is any form of an ID card that I could apply for. ...
Well a decision has been made. I feel cross that the stupid idiots who wouldn’t listen to advice for the last week have brought us to lockdown now. I live in a rural area popular with holidaymakers and second homers and it is currently packed with selfish people coming here and bringing their germs ...
I took a call from our social worker on Friday. It was a terrible line because she was working from home apparently and we are both in rural areas with often poor reception. She was asking what contingency plans we had in place during the coronavirus outbreak. I said we had not made any as the news ...
I am already feeling stressy! I feel exactly how I felt when I quit. Smoking 14 years ago. Very on edge. It’s weird because I have lots of things I enjoy doing like reading, knitting, crochet etc. But these are things I do in the evenings really. In the day I have disinfected work surfaces, loos, do...
mum’s care home is currently allowing immediate family members only to visit. You have to sanitise entering and leaving, complete questionnaire about health, travel etc and have temperature taken. Go straight to Mum’s room and not mix with anybody else. She is nearly 96 and has Alzheimers as well as...
That’s a good point Karen. have you got a friend or neighbour who could help you out?