[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
How awful for you Samantha. I am thinking maybe you could inform the police and say that you feel scared and threatened and ask them to place this on file in case things escalate.

Do you know if your poor Dad has made a will or sorted out Power of Attorney?
i agree with you Bbun. I had no idea that carers allowance stopped when you get your state pension until it happened to me! You are still a carer ….. who else is going to do it? I also lost out on my career and, like you, watched friends going on exotic holidays, fine dining, partying etc. carers do...
This must be awful for you and I really sympathise. When your daughter started self harming I think you should have been banging on as many doors as you could …. GP, social services, school, etc until somebody stepped up to the mark. I know it’s really difficult because of covid etc but sometimes yo...
I think the first thing you need to do is get a dementia diagnosis. Speak to your Mum’s doctor.

You are both going to need a lot of support. Xx
Mum won't agree to POA as she is too paranoid. She has Attendance Allowance and I sorted out her Council Tax Exemption. She spends all day on her own, she doesn't listen to the radio or music and rarely watches TV. She doesn't read anymore. I've tried everything to get her to do something, I try an...
Hello and welcome Ron. Is there a local dementia group you could both go to? I used to take my Mum to one and she really enjoyed it. It was for people with dementia and their carers. We used to chat, have coffee and cake, sit in the garden if it was nice, and there were puzzles and games for people ...
i believe most of these review sites are a con anyway. When my Mum was in her first care home the owner was all over you straight away and asking you to leave a review on a national care home site. She pestered my niece to do the same, which we did. we kept it brief but truthful but bearing in mind ...
It’s a huge step when a loved one goes into care Maggie. Take care of yourself and visit your husband as often as you can. Xx
Hey Penny, may I know where your niece took this assessment worth £2,000? El Paso Tile Installation Cheers, Madison Not sure but a local support group for SEN kids pointed her in the right direction. She had various appointments and loads of form filling and he had to see a psychologist who then ha...
It must be very hard being the carer and having nobody to share your worries with or enjoy some time together. I know a woman who was in a similar position and she got talking to a delivery man one day and it turned out he was a carer for his elderly Mum too. Over time they got together and are now ...