[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
A lot of this is very like my adult daughter. you cannot tell her anything and if you try she just will not listen. She is always picking up my phone and reading my messages but would go totally ape if I even touched her phone. She will go on and on about something until she thinks she is getting th...
I filled in as much of the form as I could, dropped them at the medical centre. A GP rang me and said he knew nothing at all about Continuing Health Care but said he looked up Fasttrack CHC and did I know it was for end of life patients. I corrected him and he was very polite and listened to what I ...
Oh dear this sounds terrible for you all. She obviously doesn’t know she’s doing it poor lady.

i see you are in South Africa. I have no idea what your provision is there for elderly people. Surely there is some help available.
I looked into this in 2017 and it was about £1000 a week. On top of that you have all your usual household bills plus you have to feed the carer. I know a few people who have had live in carers and for some it works but it is vital to get a person you “gel” with. a lady near us used an agency and so...
Thank you so much for all your replies, I really appreciate it. I find it frustrating that I have looked for this so called government guideline, that I can't find anywhere on the gov website. And now to be told other homes are not even doing it. It's such a sad situation, they have been married fo...
I am taking the bull by the horns and seeing if I can get this for my Mum. She has really deteriorated in the past few weeks.

Has anybody on here been successful?
I can't understand why the visits have to be supervised. MyMum’s care home is really hot on safety during the pandemic but they don’t supervise.
Hello Jen and welcome! It must be very, very hard for you but I am sure you will get support on here. I have a cousin who was an alcoholic and he lost just about everything ... money, home, relationship and was at rock bottom when his family found him barely recognisable. But he has been sober for m...
Mum is deteriorating and I was told I could go in last Tuesday. Full PPE, temp taken etc but I was allowed in to her room with the door closed for half an hour. She is very sleepy but we managed a laugh together. She is in bed. She is really comfy and clean and says she is in no pain. She is on pain...
Melly1 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:43 pm
Then let's hope they are only being housed there on a temporary basis, and will be moved to something more suitable so that your daughter and partner can move in.

Melly1
that would be good Melly but I doubt it.