[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Penny, That's good news. Contact the LD Team at Social Services for a Needs Assessment and Care Plan. Having the flat redecorated may count as a Disability Related Expenditure, check with SSD and get this in writing first!! I did as you suggested Bowlingbun and am still waiting for them to get b...
At last my daughter and her boyfriend have been offered a flat! It is not exactly where we hoped for and has no garden but it is very spacious and light and is on a bus route and she can walk to shops etc. We don’t have an allocated social worker now and due to lockdown etc haven’t seen or heard fro...
Peter - I think it’s quite normal that you believe you saw Bridget. i live near a church (not where my Dad is buried though). A few months after he died I was walking through the church yard taking a short cut and the sun was shining. As I turned a bend in the path my Dad stood there leaning against...
Peter - you tell us what you said to the counsellor but what did he/she say to you?

I have to agree with Pet - DO you read what others post to you?
I echo what Anne says above. I spent most of last year grieving for my Mum as she deteriorated from Alzheimers and finally died at Christmas. When that happened of course I was sad but I also felt relief that she no longer had to suffer. The times I would drive home from her care home and cry and ha...
So Peter, did you actually talk to your family about Bridget?
Penny, good job you are able to advocate for your daughter. I wonder how many folk with DS have been missed. How is her boyfriend now? Melly1 thanks Melly. Her boyfriend is back at work but this will be a tough month for him as we are unable to claim the Test and Trace Support payment of £500 becau...
If several people were involved in your Zoom meeting Peter, maybe they felt it wouldn’t be appropriate to discuss Bridget in case it upset you in front of them all. Do you ever ring your kids and tell them how you feel? They may be thinking that because you don’t discuss her, you are coping fine. Wh...
I finally got appointment dates for covid jabs. Not because I am a carer for my daughter but because of my age. Hubby got his too. i asked about daughter and they said she should have already been called as she would be in Group 2. i said “well she hasn’t and when she does she will need one of us wi...
Melly1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:48 pm
Penny,

Apparently local council day service staff have been offered it too. They haven't worked since March 2020 ....

Melly1
Madness!