In my opinion a Carers Assessment is not worth the paper its written on! I had one a few years ago and I was at that time very low and howled the whole way through the assessment as things were all too much for me. The woman doing it was quite kind and said she would see what she could do to help an...
We have frosted glass and pull down matt silver roller blinds in both the bathroom and loo.
I have completed our POA application on GOV.uk. It’s really easy to do and costs £82 for each one i.e financial and health and welfare. So we will be paying £320 instead of the £750 quoted by the solicitor. Hardly any printing involved and still official and registered. I did this too Jane and it w...
Hi ,how do i go about getting a POA? Go to the Govt website and its all very easy to read and costs about £80 for each part to complete online. There are two parts Health and Welfare and Property and Finance and tou can do one or the other or both, Its all explained. i was quoted over £1200 by thre...
My Mum has alzheimers and poor mobility and is in a lovely care home. She self funds but it is run by the council. Prior to this she was in a privately owned care home for 8 months which was clean but the care side and the food and the everything else was dire. Mum has a very nice bedroom and ensuit...
M was at a Camphill School from the age of 9, to 19. It transformed his life, and he still talks about his teacher Heidi with great affection. We exchange Christmas cards every year with Heidi, who is probably now about 80. She was very fond of her class. (They don't always change teachers every ye...
Someone mentioned Camphill Communities. We have one not far from here and I know two people who work there. neither had any experence of working with people with special needs before. One is a nice, kind person who does her best but she says she gets little support from other staff or management. Sh...
Daughter and boyfriend think they have found a private rental property just a two minute walk from us. They will need a lot of support from us with organising and paying bills and if they have any fallings out which I am sure there will be. He works but doesnt earn very much but neither of them smok...
That's a shame, there are lots of lovely privately rentable places where I live. Lucky you! around here there is nothing any good under £600 a month. I got the social worker to speak to the Housing Association and Council and apparently there's nothing “personal” about the allocation process. The c...
My son rents privately His deposit amounted to a month's rent, if I remember rightly. I don't think he had a guarantor. Are you dealing with a letting agency? As a vulnerable adult the Housing Benefit can be paid directly from the council to the landlord, on the day it's due, so no real need for a ...