Chris From The Gulag wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:13 am
Your welcome.

Send me a post card ?

^ Wishing you were here instead of me " ... very popular if Great Yarmouth is the chosen destination ?
We are going to Spain Chris and hoping the weather is a lot better than here! its truly vile here today.
The PIP awards will have no adverse effect whatsoever on your ESA payments. PIP is a totally different " Benefit ", and it is not liable to Tax, nor is it classed as income for the purposes of a means test for Income Related (IR)ESA of other IR benefits. [/i][/b] You are a star Chris! Thanks for th...
My daughter has had both ESA and PIP assessments in recent months. We just had a letter saying she will get PIP and the amount is, surprisingly, quite a bit more than she got for DLA. We have not heard anything back from her ESA assessment so I am keeping my fingers crossed but I am wondering whethe...
I am just watching Part 2 which I recorded and feeling very cross. My Mum is in the same position as the lady on there who had to sell her home to pay her care home fees. Whichever way I look at it, it is just NOT fair that in addition to having to do this she is subsidising people who the council f...
Two parter starting tonight BBC1. I am recording it.
If it was me I would leave their name clearly visible on the sign and add my own poster underneath saying “Avoid these people! they don’t finish the work and they leave a mess.” However, thats just me and I understand you both have anxiety or further aggravation. I agree about Trading Standards thou...
See Daily Mail today. I can’t do a link. Sorry.
I can’t seem to be able to reply individually.

Mum had to sell her house to pay for her care and is therefore self funding.

Yes Mum has a call pendant and pull cords in her room and also her ensuite but she rarely uses them. She is very independent and has alzheimers.
Can anybody recommend a good alarm. my Mum is in a care home and has had her first fall out of bed during the night. She is lucky as she only had a bruise on her hand as her V pillow seems to have fallen out with her! Obviously they want to stop it happening again and we have discussed briefly what ...
thanks everyone. Xx Today she was worrying about people taking all her toiletries and even her fruit squash. I know not a thing is missing and she has her own fridge where she keeps drinks and squash and she says the drink just disappeared but I know I brought it in over a month ago and she has used...