Travel insurance problems feature heavily on most of the major money forums. Even not declaring a future hospital appointment under many policies can be devastating if a claim is made. Internet search ... TRAVEL INSURANCE FORUMS ... to narrow the search down. The days of the old E111 and hope for t...
My pension date is fast approaching and I will still be caring for my daughter but just not getting paid for it. I know I’m luckier than most as my daughter doesnt have physical problems but I do feel very sorry for people who have to care for a serevely handicapped person. I know in the last couple...
We recently went on holiday abroad and I tried to renew my annual insurance. after the questions about medication, health problems etc they asked whether I had any hospital appointments booked. I said that I did have one in a few weeks time. They didnt ask what it was for and just said in that case ...
I have POA for my Mum for both Health & Welfare and Property & Finance. When she was first diagnosed with Alzheimers the consultant recommended we did so and I am so glad we did. I have had to use the papers countless times.
Colonoscopy will be a doddle! I’ve had several and theres nothing to worry about.
I was thinking that maybe the chiropodist/podiatrist was not qualified but now I see you clearly said NHS. The NHS will only employ qualified chiropodists so thats just not good enough for your Nan and I would complain. There are people galore who are Foothealth Practitioners who are NOT qualified c...
i dont want to get into a political argument as they usually get closed down anyway BUT can I remind people that it was the Labour Govt who first started forcing people to sell their homes when they went into care, just as it was Labour who decided to charge people for hospital parking, just as it w...
When my Mum had home carers I had to show POA documents to the agency but Inhavent had to do so now she’s in care.
thanks for all the replies. I still dont know WHO is supposed to look after the caree when you are no longer their “carer”.
I’m not too far off getting my state pension but currently get Carers Allowance for looking after my special needs daughter.

Just been reading that once you get your pension you cant get carers allowance.

I will still be caring for her so how does that work?