[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you. We did receive a letter from County Hall giving examples of what you might be able to claim for and what you couldn’t. Eg a claim for a laptop or Ipad would not be acceptable for leisure purposes but if you are using it to “keep volunteering at home” it “may meet one of the Care Act outco...
Melly1 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:04 am
Penny wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:42 pm
I would like to know where the money they claw back actually goes.
Back into the council coffers ....

Melly1
For what though Melly? I think if that money is allocated to an individual as a PB then it should stay with them. They might need it in future.
We just look after ourselves now because some people have never followed the rules anyway. We have young neighbours with a small baby and every night since before lockdown they have about 5 or 6 young friends round. Every single night and most afternoons. They only come outside to smoke. They are so...
I just received a statement regarding my daughter’s direct payments. any money that doesn’t get used (and during lockdown she was not able to go anywhere or use any services or go out with her PA) is clawed back. They call it a batch load reversal and they took back over £4000. I feel if it’s my dau...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... kdown.html

And still the council and Police do nothing! Several illegal factories were visited on Friday and no closure notices were issued. Work that out!
Food for thought! Indeed Rachel! Think hard about it. I had to sell Mum’s house to pay her care home fees which are approx £900 a week now. That was her only asset as she had hardly any savings. IF there is anything left when Mum dies (and the rate her house sale money is going is alarming!) the mo...
Still visiting once a week and Mum seems OK. Visits still strictly controlled and timed but there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon that other family members may be allowed to visit. Nobody still allowed in main building, no tea/coffees and no using the loo. have to wear mask and Mum has to wear a...
I lived in leicester for 16 years and my kids were born there. One of my Leicester friends posted a video on FB the other day showing BLM protestors in their thousands congregated in a small area of Leicester around the clock tower. You could not have slid a pice of paper between them they were that...
Oh Penny thank you so much for replying. It's so good to know I'm not alone! We've since had the urine test result and mum does actually have a UTI which is a first for her. So she's on antibiotics which I'm sure must have kicked in by now, but it's actually 3.25am here and I've given up on trying ...
Oh my goodness. I imagine you are beside yourself with worry. What about Mencap .... do they have a 24 hr helpline? It’s not right at all that social services are not helping you either. They must have an emergency number so just keep ringing until someone takes you seriously. I would get in touch w...