Thank you Greta. Its precisely the point that family members don't need training that bothers me.Husband weighs 19 stone and the hoist is a ceiling hoist. Yes I will be checking that the carers are trained.We are self funding and I am having to keep an eye on how much I pay out. That's why I want so...
Hi Does anyone use a hoist? If so how did you learn how to use it? We have carers but because my oh has dementia I find it hard to get them to realise there is no point in expecting him to tell them when he hurts. So I want to work out the best way to move and handle him before I let them loose.Any ...
<t>Sadly even if you are there and put forward your point of view as a concerned carer it doesn't always help. As anyone who has read my recent posts will know my husband is in denial about all his health problems and if he says he doesn't want something, no matter what I say and the evidence of her...
hello Linda, we have some problems in common, have pmed you. Welcome and I'm sure you will
get some useful support.
<t>Duly went to doctors as the advice is everywhere- if you suspect memory problems consult your gp. So she asked him lots of questions about his recent fall, whether he thought he needed help(no)could he manage if anything happens to me(yes) did he think I needed help(yes) what kind(moral support??...
It might be worth reading this]http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scrip ... umentID=98[/url] It explains about an alcohol-related brain disorder that has effects similar to dementia I've seen this but best not to jump to any conclusions in advance. Maybe we won't getanywhere with diagnosis but all I...
<t>thank you meg, source of really useful stuff. I think the gp will probably be helpful because she is mine as well so getting her to see my side and to share info re his health hasn't been a problem so far.<br/> <br/> Thank you susieq, its the most helpful thing to have people who know and are wil...
<t>thanks Meg, I was hoping you had a suggestion. I have written to the doctor in advance to tell her why I was finally managing to get him in. Should have thought of putting down in that some of the odd things. <br/> I will follow your advice though, I've spoken to the doctor twice about this but s...
<t>Not looking forward....<br/> <br/> by Lostforever » 19 Feb 2012 09:49 <br/> <br/> Tomorrow I am taking oh to doctors to start looking into memory loss and other behaviour which seems like the beginning of dementia, although obviously this is only a guess on my part as yet. he doesn't know why he'...
<t>Tomorrow I am taking oh to doctors to start looking into memory loss and other behaviour which seems like the beginning of dementia, although obviously this is only a guess on my part as yet. he doesn't know why he's going, thinks it's for a review.<br/> it seemed the best course when you look at...