[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello I totally agree you need 'Time Out' and a chance to do things that you enjoy. Can your mother be left alone? Do you get any kind of support from Social Services. Caring is emotionally and physically draining - I have been a Carer since Jan 2013 officially but in reality much longer for my very...
Hello Sally I care for my 80 year old husband. It is a lovely Forum with lots of support and advice available, and yes, we are all kind. I have Norwegian Forest cats and love showing them and very occasionally breeding them. I do find caring very isolating and the only people who understand are thos...
Hi Welcome to the Forum. I care for my 80 year old husband. You do sound as if you have a lot of things to deal with right now. This is a very supportive group and a safe place to discuss things. I do appreciate the the business is very hard work right now but it is an interest for you. Is there any...
Sounds a great idea. Before we moved, I used to visit a couple of Nursing Homes with my beloved late Vroomi he was a PAT cat (Pets as Therapy). It was lovely to see the faces of the elderly light up when they stroked him - he was a show cat so fairly bomb proof but a lot , if not most, cats do not h...
Sarah I agree with Pet that Al Anon are very good - they are for the families of heavy drinkers. They do have meetings. It is normal to want to 'fix' an alcoholic but sadly they cannot be fixed. Half a bottle of spirits a day is around 16 units and the max recommended limit per week is 14! If she is...
You have my sympathy - I totally understand and you must NOT give in to emotional blackmail. I agree with BB - the NHS does not care about you as a carer. Your mental and physical health has to come first. The Best Interests meetings seem to concentrate on the patient not those involved in their car...
I can totally relate. My husband is 'non compliant' according to the District Nurses. It is a nightmare trying to care for him yet he has MENTAL CAPACITY. No one gives a dam about me having to live with a man who won't do his teeth, won't apply the cream for his bed sores as directed, sits in a dirt...
No you do not sound selfish. I can relate to your post to a huge degree re how I felt about my late father. Please remember you do NOT have to take over her care as it would be very detrimental to your own health and well being. I think personally that you need to write to her GP. It is a very grey ...
I have no advice but I can relate to your post. I am a carer for a very difficult man who has been verbally and a couple of times physically abusive. Have you considered leaving? You could hopefully get some help re care as you say you are disabled. I would suggest you confide in your family- it is ...
I read a lot - I also chair a Book Club with female and male members and it is a real challenge trying to suggest books that suit the whole group. Our Group Read for December is 'John Marrs The Passengers'. What can I say? So many twists and turns. Great start - kept me totally hooked. Driverless ca...