[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I read a lot - I also chair a Book Club with female and male members and it is a real challenge trying to suggest books that suit the whole group. Our Group Read for December is 'John Marrs The Passengers'. What can I say? So many twists and turns. Great start - kept me totally hooked. Driverless ca...
If he does start kicking off and you feel that the child is 'at risk, could you call the police? I know it is high risk but apparently they have been trained in dealing with this type of situation. This is the advice I have been given re my husband. I do agree two weeks is way too long. AT least if ...
In a word yes, but I no longer feel guilty for feeling resentful as it is a normal reaction. Caring is mentally and physically draining. There will be others along with far better advice than I can give but I would suggest contacting your local Carers branch. I cannot easily get to the meetings but ...
Hi Mark Welcome from me too. I am the carer of my 80 year old husband. I LOVE Siberian cats and always admire them on the showbench. I think they are very similar to my breed temperment wise. I show and very occasionally breed Norwegian Forest Cats. I totally agree about keeping YOUR interests alive...
Agree with all the replies. I am an only child and could have slept walked into a similar situation with my own late father. He had told the discharge team at the hospital that his daughter was his carer and lived over the road. It was very hard to write letters to his GP and tell the Discharge Team...
Joanne you sound exhausted. I cannot add to Bowling Bun's advice but I can relate to some of your post and the suicidal feelings. Please see your GP asap. Caring is the most mentally and physically demanding job anyone can do and it is natural to feel exhausted. Sending hugs. Please let us know more...
Hi Susan You have my sympathy - my husband is 80 and I can totally relate to your post. He will not do his teeth. I got him to the dentist but his gums are black and he won't see the hygeniest. He will use mouthwash sometimes. I too can verbal abuse when I prompt. I can relate re tablets and creams ...
Hi Dougie I echo what Pet has said. Dementia is a horrible illness and it can change the person, or make some undesirable traits more dominant. Very very hard for you. If you have a local Carers Centre, they could maybe provide a telephone befriender? It really helped me. I also agree it is worth co...
Thanks ladies. I shall phone the local Carers centre on Monday to see what is going on with my Befriender and see if I can have a new one if she is not coming back. She was a lovely lady and she too had conflicting advice from the nurses when she cared for her late husband. It may get to the stage w...
I did investigate and found an online form for my area for a carers assessment. I could fill it in but they would then follow up with phone call and of course, he would be there. Also I think there is a long wait. I am hoping that once I get a new Befriender from my local Carers Association, they mi...