[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Agree with BB. It seems as if your father is becoming a danger to himself. Please do not be bullied into moving in with him. I had to call out someone recently as I could smell gas and my much older husband insisted I was making it up but he has little sense of smell. It can be mega dangerous to lea...
Hello Rose

Welcome to the Forum.

Caring is very hard and often the person we care for can be challenging. So I think your feelings are natural. Many of us struggle at times and that is nothing to feel guilty about.
I guess there is no point saying emotionally and physically we were not able to do it? Solicitors letter? Realise timing is an issue. There is NO WAY I could do end of life care for my husband and I would not want to. I guess I would have to tell them that I would leave the premises rather than do i...
Hello I had issues with my late father too and am an only child. I did not love him or even like him. I have to say I am caring for my much older husband and frankly it is hell. I do not think you should feel guilty for expressing your feelings. A lot of older people and this includes my late father...
Samantha and Karen - I am in a similar position. I do not drive and have been using online delivery for years - I am a carer for my 81 year old husband. Despite being a regular long term customer, I cannot get any slots. My husband is not considered vulernable enough - tried that option too. Thankfu...
I have not managed to get an online slot despite having used Tesco/Ocado for years due to me not driving. Husband 81 later this month but he is not on the vulnerable list despite just having been diagnosed with something that sounds as if it belongs to the COPD group. Initially he was told he would ...
My husband is nearly 81 and has just been diagnosed with brochiestasis which could make him vulnerable. Since he was only diagnosed after a scan last Monday, we have not had the letter saying he is okne of the 1.5 million vulnerable people. I have used internet shopping for years as I do not drive,b...
Hello Same position. Husband 81 and I do not think I could totally self isolate for 3 or 4 months without totally losing my sanity. I am 58 and fairly healthy. I think for me it is trying to be sensible because I too have to collect perscriptions and deal with things as I do not do everything online...
Feel the same - would be totally suicidal if with my husband for 4 whole months. I am 58. I WILL go out - will need to frankly as we do not do everything on line. But I will be extra careful to limit it to just necessary things and wash my hands before and after. That said, self limiting anyway as t...
Hello I totally agree you need 'Time Out' and a chance to do things that you enjoy. Can your mother be left alone? Do you get any kind of support from Social Services. Caring is emotionally and physically draining - I have been a Carer since Jan 2013 officially but in reality much longer for my very...