Hello Karim. I am in a similar position - only child and I care for my very difficult 80 year old husband. Tell us more about your difficulties and challenges with your father. I am sure many will empathise. My problem with my husband is his non compliance with the medical staff and District Nurses....
Hello I am caring for my much older husband and I find it very isolating and lonely too. It is very hard to make plans as he can vary so much from day to day.Also socially he is very difficult and going out for a meal is now a nightmare. No easy answers but I Chair a Book Club and through that have ...
Hi Dan Welcome to the Forum. What support does your partner get from mental health professionals? Has she actually been diagnosed with BPD? Please try and get as much support for yourself as you can. I do agree to leave the flat when she does 'kick off'. No one deserves that kind of abuse and I imag...
Hi Jackie Yes it is very hard. In fairness, we had a Senior Nurse out earlier this year and when I saw her out she did say that none of the nurses had expressed any concern with regard to my caring for husband - most realise he is very difficult. He sleeps on the sofa attached to the headphones. Yes...
I cannot add any advice Jackie but I am in a similar situation to your daughter. My husband is 80 and has moisture lesions and now has a grade 2 pressure sore. Trying to get him to apply the creams and let me do the dressings is a nightmare. I worry too about Septis. This has been going on for 18 mo...
I cannot add anything to what Elaine has said in her informative post. I do not think anyone deserves to feel uncomfortable in their own home. Sadly he could go on for years. I would definitely contact SS and say you are at breaking point. You do not HAVE to care for him. Maybe sheltered accomodatio...
I have a difficult husband who is not acting in his best interests but apparently has 'mental capacity'. God only knows what one has to do for the powers to be to decide that mental capacity is diminished? I guess they know that we feel obligated to pick up the pieces? But it is wrong and in my opin...
You have my sympathy Sarah. My husband is 80 and deaf and he won't wear a Hearing Aid. I certainly agree to see if there is a Local Carers group you could get to. Some Groups have telephone befrienders if you cannot easily get out. Do you have any family support so you can get a break? When you beco...
I find them variable. We had them twice a week for husbands pressure sores/ moisture lesions then down to once a week due ot his 'non compliance' re the advice given. It is a very hard job and I have had to point out to them that i have no medical training and can only do what the last visiting nurs...
It there has been abuse involved, physical or emotional, it might be worth contacting Women's Aid for advice? Also, go and see your GP and see if they will support you with regard to caring being detrimental to your physical and mental health. I do think Melly's advice is good but the reason I canno...