I have to agree with Jenny - your father could live for years. It is SO easy to sleepwalk into a caring role. I would suggest counselling Jennifer to explore your options? If you live with your father, and he wants to move then you will have to look for alternative accomodation. I would also start l...
You obviously love (and miss) your husband very much so I guess your feelings are normal. But just think what the last few months were like when he was at home. No one can offer the care he seems to need 24/7 Pet. Sending you hugs.
Agree with Mrs A Caroline. Invalids can be selfish and it may be what he needs, is more than you can give and stay sane. Would some kind of counselling help so you could weigh YOUR needs and 'quality of life' against his? I would frankly be wary about giving in to him, as this is a very slipper slop...
Forgive me April but do you actually love your husband and want to stay with him? Heavy drinking can damage the most resilient relationship and destroy the deepest love over a period of time. Is he willing to cut down the drinking. I am married to what used to be a high functioning alcoholic. Howeve...
You have my sympathy. How much is he drinking daily? Excess alcohol can cause what is called 'wet brain syndrome'. The denial too is normal. It is not going to be easy to get a firm dementia diagnosis but I do feel writing to the GP should be the first step? Hopefully others will be along soon with ...
Thanks Alexander. I think maybe a Dossett box might be worth giving a go. That said, my late father had one but got mega confused as he did not know what day it was. My problem really is the night as I cannot monitor. I gave him his evening pills recently and he took the painkillers but he did not w...
No advice but I can relate to your post as in a similar situation with my older husband. I cannot seem to do anything right and he has no comprehension on how caring for him for the last 5 years has affected my emotional health. I guess ill people especially those suffering from dementia, are selfis...
I agree I SHOULD take control but husband can be very abusive and dare not push him too far. He keeps telling me not to treat him as if he has dementia. I know he is quite frail at 8st 7 but I only weigh 7st and if he lashed out at me, he could hurt me quite badly. I have to put my physical and emot...
I wonder if anyone else is struggling re Pain Relief medication? I do give my husband his morning and evening pills and this does work out ok as I put them in a box, and then bring him a Fortisip to make sure he has them. I also monitor his pain relief patches. However, his Paracetamol, Tramdol and ...
I agree with Pet. I miss having a 'partner' - my husband sleeps downstairs on the sofa.I also miss the physical affection and the caring. He used to spend a lot of time looking for very special anniversary/birthday/Xmas but now I am reduced to buying my own or recycling old ones. It is the lonliness...