Can't really add much frankly to the advice given. Maybe clip his claws beforehand? But yes rinse rinse rinse. maybe wear gloves? I use baby wipes on my older ones and baby powder but it sounds as if it has gone beyond this? You may find he just accepts it but you ar3e right to be cautious. Let us k...
Actually BB that might be a good idea......... Jenny of course you can ask me a cat question - I so need some light relief. He cannot say I made the assault up as I told a couple of close friends years later - I was so ashamed as everyone thought we were the 'perfect' couple. So I do think if it com...
I am keeping notes but my mobile is a Doro and i am not in a position to go and get a new mobile and get trained how to use it! Very stressed. This is not about loyalty but survival of my beloved feline family..... ...my love for him died the night he tried to push me down the stairs back in 2009, h...
Thanks Melly much appreciated. Thanks too G Fraser.

Bottom line is that i have the cats and cannot leave. Sooner or later it will come to crisis level and yes, I do sadly think sectioning will end up only way forward.

Just have to keep on keeping on............
My husband is 79. Geriatric Consultant discharged him as scans found nothing. However, when we went to see the consultant, husband misheard question 'When did you last see your GP' as 'When did you last have a pee'. Consultant and I did have to try to control our laughter.... So GP visit. 1) Cannot ...
Agree with others - it does sound like dementia. Also agree it is a nightmare to get action taken and a diagnosis unless the person co-operates. In this situation with my husband who is 79. Yes I mention 'confusion' to nurses but nothing happens.Why should it when I cost the NHS nothing? Do write to...
Thinking of you Pet at this difficult time. It sounds like a roller coaster at times and must be confusing for your husband.
Just welcoming you Mike. I am not exactly in your position but I have a 79 year old husband who I think may have some kind of dementia. His short term memory is very poor. He is a nightmare to get to take his medication properly. He lives mainly off Fortisips. He is very muddled re time of day and o...
Hi Judith What exactly is wrong with your parents? Is it mainly physical problems or do we have dementia to deal with as well or the start of it? Jenny's advice is good. I can relate to a lot of your post as I am your age but caring for my 79 old husband. I too am living 'his life'. I cannot cope wi...
I have to agree with Jenny - your father could live for years. It is SO easy to sleepwalk into a caring role. I would suggest counselling Jennifer to explore your options? If you live with your father, and he wants to move then you will have to look for alternative accomodation. I would also start l...