Linda you have my sympathy. I have a different surgery to my husband - I order his medication monthly via the phone from his chemist. My Surgery has decided that we have to drop off the repeat pescription a week before needed - I order ONE thing a month - thyroid pills. This means I have to walk dow...
Take care of yourself Pet - yes, he is in the right place. Thinking of you today.
Oh Pet so sad to read this. I do hope he lets them examine him today but at least he is in the right place. May simply be constipation but it needs checking. Hugs from me too.
I thought it an ok article and quite brave really........it is not an easy subject to write about as people will jump in saying 'better or for worse' is what marriage means. It did mention the mental behavoiural changes and how frightening this can be for the other partner. . However, I wish it had ...
Hi Christina Welcome to the Forum. I can relate to you saying that your husband is not the most sociable of people as I am in a similar position. The feelings of isolation are common. I have learnt that I have to make an effort to go out, even if he sulks as it is for my own sanity. The people on th...
Thinking of you and I can relate too the hearing issue. My husband is 79 and he too has a Hearing Aid he won't wear. He struggles to hear what I say but apparently is not 'deaf' I 'mumble' as do the GP's Consultants and nurses. I can relate to the mental abuse too. I think BB can offer much more adv...
I can relate. I think dementia may kill of the 'nice' parts of the brain first and if someone is controlling and 'angry' that it can be made worse? My husband is 79 and has not been diagnosed although he has symptons. I think the aggression and anger can be down to frustration...... No advice but it...
I can relate Wendy. We are a really nice group of people and we will be there for you.

I am a carer for a 'difficult' 79 year old - I am 56. It is very hard but you are posting on a forum where we do understand and you will get support,
Agree with Mrs A - please share your thoughts with us. A lot of us struggle with this time of year.Friends ask what our plans are and some do not seem to realise how limited they are given how 'difficult' husband is now not eating his steak at our favourite restaurant. I guess we just have to take a...
Hi Judy I can relate to your post. I am a carer for my husband who is nearly 80. His hearing is very poor too plus he has memory problems. There are a lot of very supportive people on this forum so please join in - the Roll Call is very good too as we share our challenges on a daily basis and suppor...