[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>A brief update - Mum will be 90 this year and has been living with us for over 3 years. Diagnosed with alzheimers 3 years ago, and has been getting steadily worse. Latest memory test scored 14 out of 30. A couple of months ago a large lump appeared on her leg culminating in her having it surgical...
<t>Hi Anne, I too am sole carer for my mum, age 90 in November, diagnosed with Alzheimers a few years back. I would definitely take your mum to her GP and ask them to do the memory test. If it turns out she does have dementia, she can go on to aricept which has certainly slowed down the effects of A...
Thanks Juggler

I'll take your advice.
<t>My Mum went into respite care for a weeks holiday 2 weeks ago. When she came home I noticed a leg ulcer had developed about the size of an old penny. No problem though, it still had its top on.<br/> <br/> Tonight, I went out to the chalet to give her her dinner and she's got blood all over her fi...
<t>Thanks all - what a lot of good advice.<br/> I hadn't even thought about the silver blankets for keeping her body warm. At the moment she is surrounded by a single duvet and fleece throw.<br/> Good tip about the alcohol too. She loves her glass of 'Old Westminster cream'. Trouble is she forgets s...
<t>What's the best thing for keeping Mum's hands warm. She's always complaining of cold hands due to poor circulation. Hot water bottle works well, but I'm not there every hour to re-fill it.<br/> <br/> I've heard the gel or wheat filled bags that you can put in the microwave are good, but where can...
http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif Hi Helen I see you joined the site the same day that I did. I've found it really useful to talk to others that are going through the same things and to read their posts. Some will make you cry and some will make you laugh, but you'll feel better for it....
We all know that people in the early stages of dementia become very forgetful. Many's the time I've spent a couple of hours searching around for Mum's false teeth, only to find them under her pillow or next to where she's been sitting. And, as ever, when found she says 'I didn't put them there, you ...
Susieq - you made me cry - thank you
<t>I've been looking after Mum for the past 2 years now. She's 89 next month and, luckily, still only in the early stages of Alzheimers.<br/> She lives with us, albeit in the chalet in our garden, where she can maintain at least some of her independence.<br/> I'm her only carer, being an only child....