[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Mum went to the neurologist this week- he is still reluctant to give her condition a name but the above was mentioned as her confusion seems to fluctuate so much. When i collected her for the appt, she was adamant that it had been cancelled and that she had cancelled it whilst in an ambulance! Sh...
<t>Pam sorry you are going through this, have also been there recently with mum.i found the carers assessment really good- for one thing you get someone To talk it through with who really knows how hard it is for the carer. In my case she set up a thing where you nominate two others who could take o...
<t>Mum is 72 with early vascular dementia- affecting her balance quite badly. She now suffers with urinary incontinence which is really getting her down- still some accidents as she has not fully accepted this and doesnt always wear pads when she should.Following a two week stay in hospital, the NHS...
Thanks for that- will try both ideas. Mum seems to have no concept of time when it comes to this- when we talk about it, she accepts that it is madness to shower by herself but seems then unable or unwilling to make the link into compliance!
<t>Any ideas?<br/> Mum has a carer 5 times a week for an hour in the mornings- this is supposed to be to help mum in the shower as she is extremely wobbly due to her vascular dementia. Unfortunately, each time the carer arrives, Mum claims that she is not ready to get into the shower, feels sick, ti...
Thanks for that- will get mattress protector. How do I get her assessed by incontinence nurse? For that matter how do I get her assessed at all? So far we have done everything ourselves.
<t>can anyone suggest ways forward? Mum has recently become forgetful and is having some problems with bladder control- her carer who comes 4 mornings lets me know when there are accidents but Mum not keen to discuss and plays it down saying it is getting less frequent. Today have gone round to find...
<t>Hello don't quite know where to start- I work full time and have a family, but increasingly have become involved in Mum's care- she has suffered with an auto immune disease for 5 years and is in her early 70's. Previous to this was very active and sociable. We had this condition managed well, but...