John, I thought the person you care for had to get either DLA or AA for you to qualify for Carer's Allowance?
Kev4's suggestion makes no mention of those of us who receive CA because of AA, only DLA.
How do others cope with all the guilt feelings?
Somehow. After all, there ain't no alternative.
This suggestion fails to accommodate those of us who get CA who's carees do not get DLA.

Doesn't it?
Too right fingers crossed, and eyes, and legs . . .
<t>Ivan Lewis is a member of an administration which has consistently and continually lied to the people of this country for the last ten years. Just because it is now wearing different clothes doesn't mean it isn't the same underneath.<br/> <br/> What on earth makes you think that anything is going...
<t>I've read this and I feel nothing but sympathy for the daughter. I couldn't begin to understand anyone who felt they were in a position to judge her.<br/> <br/> No doubt some of you out there are better people than I'll ever be, but frankly I find the daily round of dressing Mum, changing pads, t...
Hi MT - don't be shy, get stuck in.
<t>Lindsay<br/> <br/> First welcome. Glad you've found us. <br/> <br/> Second, talk to your GP. I felt much as I suspect you do earlier this year - hopeless, lost, resentful, depressed. I could see no future and no point in there being a future. Since going to my GP about this I've had tremendous su...
I had my Carers assessment in February and all, amf although I haven't had anything back in black and white respite and home care has been given and improved. Its an on going thing here, and I am on their case all the time, I still haven't got the end result by I am pleased so far and optimistic of...
<t>I'm afraid whose property its on isn't relevant if planning permission is needed, Jean.<br/> <br/> As to delay - realistically you are looking at betweeen three and six months depending on the performance of your local planning department. These things vary tremendously between different local au...