Ring them and ask. When you say you aren't entitled to the full amount, is that because you are in receipt of other benefits that wipe out some of it? Everybody's situation is different so I don't think anybody here would be able to give you an answer tbh. I've just taken on more work and cancelled ...
Yep it is all in hand in exactly the way described above re Wills and POAs. I twigged what was maybe causing her nausea, sweats etc last night, hot footed it over with my BG meter and discovered her BG was 13.1. I knew she was pre diabetic but the steroids have definitely ramped up her readings. I h...
No money doesn't matter but I wasn't sure if she was eligible for any help given her diagnosis that's all. I will get her to get a SW in and run the assessments for her. I can't see the other siblings jumping to somehow...... and no, it isn't my problem as such but we are good friends and previously...
Thanks, she is in touch with the hospice but it has been a disappointing experience so far. Her daughter is sorting POA and an updated Will. She has 3 children but only one has shown any sort of commitment to helping her so far. I went to all her appointments prior to Christmas and then the decent d...
Hi, in amongst the lunacy that is home I have also been helping an elderly friend. She is 78 and in October discovered she had lung cancer with 3 mets all on the same day. Her situation is pretty desperate to be honest, as she has rheumatoid arthritis and has taken methotrexate for years and also Ri...
Sorry to hear your news Danielle but very well done for hanging on in there. xx
Yep, as I said, that is the usual term given. My background is financial services and I used to be based in an insurance brokerage as an IFA.
Mine says something like "carer - non professional" as in not a paid community/care home type carer. I do work part time too but in fact I am about to take on a second job and stop the carer's allowance so I will get that changed.
PFIs eh, what a joke they were. How could they not see what they were letting themselves in for? Our NHS isn't underfunded, it is so very badly managed that there is a massive amount of money wasted. They would have been fired in a private company for gross incompetence.
Hi there, this is just appalling and only goes to back up the experiences we have had with them in recent times too. If you ring the carer uk helpline tomorrow which is on the main page, they will be able to help you figure out where your local County Hall is, who the customer relations officer is a...