[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks bowlingbun I'll look out for that book although "starting again" is a very difficult concept in later life - I am 80. I must find my own personal new normal - don't know what that is. I live in a small town in north Scotland and have no relatives living here. Young people often leave here to ...
Mu husband died last week of January, shortly before lockdown, and I have not found any access to bereavement support. The local carers group which I had attended for many years closed down immediately lockdown was announced. I don't know if members who are still carers have any ongoing contact, eg ...
Thank you so much for the kind replies and good advice - wonderful to hear from you - much appreciated.
My precious husband died on 24 January - his funeral took place on 31 January. He had been ill for many years, beginning in 1999 with diagnosis leukaemia and over the years developing vascular dementia. I looked after him at home for many years until he needed care home where he lived for the last t...
I haven't been on line for a while but I do remember your posts Sajehar. Sorry you have been so ill recently. I can understand how upset you have been about the tree. Many years ago my father, who died 23 years ago, gave me two shrubs - one would have yellow flowers and the other white - -the yellow...
Arbroath Smokies
Thanks for replies with helpful advice and suggestions. We don't have many shops here (small town) but I'll follow up the suggestions on line. Pet - like you I am not intending to take all of hubby's laundry home but will keep an eye open for anything that needs to be "smartened up" at home. Thanks ...
Hubby has recently gone to care home and already I have noticed that his pullovers are suffering from high temperature washing so I would appreciate advice on suitable replacements and where I could buy them.
Albert_1604 wrote:My Easter was just dreary as every other day.
Same here Albert xx

Older carer looking after hubby, as you are looking after your wife.

Sending you a wee hug

Violet xx
So many replies, so much useful information - I really appreciate your help. I'll take a wee bit of time to think about it but I believe that a good option for me would be to stack as vented drier above washing machine would be right height for window opening. Thank you so much for taking the time t...