I know there have been issues with other neighbours getting their doors kicked/eggs thrown at the door/food shoved through letterboxes/etc but the police haven't done much because there's no cctv in the area so they don't know who's doing it. Our little scheme gets a lot of foot traffics from the su...
Hi I live with my grandmother who has dementia. Recently we've had some problems with kids in the area playing knock and run away. It starts after dinner time and happens a couple of times a night. We live next to a lane so I've never seen anyone about when I answer so I'm not sure who it is - I'm a...
I ended up taking her into a&e this afternoon because her doctor wouldn't give me an emergency appointment. She saw a physio in there who said her wrist is healing okay and it's unfortunately going to hurt for a few more weeks as it heals. They gave her some more exercises to do and I think it's jus...
She can't use anti-inflammatory gels because she's already at risk for strokes because of a heart flutter and she can't have anti-inflammatory tablets because of her pacemaker :(
Thanks! She's not actually crying with pain but she's flinching and yelping a lot. She's just taking paracetamol right now because anything stronger a) makes her really sleepy (which can lead to her night wandering) and b) messes up her stomach. Hopefully if I phone tomorrow at 8:30 I can get an app...
That's ridiculous! I'm sort of in the same position. The fact that I'm with her all the time has meant some care, etc isn't offered to me. When she was released from hospital the ICES and OT wouldn't come home with her because she had me living with her. She has dementia so I don't know if that's af...
My grandmother fell while in hospital about 7 weeks ago and fractured her wrist. She had the cast on for 6 weeks in total but it had to be replaced a couple of times because she pulled it off (they put her on medication which in that caused violent outbursts). She went back a week ago and they remov...
My grandmother wouldn't necessarily have to come with me to citizens advice but I have to be in to open the door for the care worker. We're pretty isolated in that our family lives about half and hour from us and can't really offer much assistance with care (believe me it's been a big issue in the p...
I'm not sure if this will help or not but we had to move from a private let into a amenity council house about 9 months ago. I remember when I gave my notice in December '14 I told my landlord paid the council tax through the end of the year. He said it didn't matter because when a tenant moves out ...
I'm a carer for my grandmother. We moved into a brand new amenity bungalow at the beginning of the year as her doctors had forbidden her from using stairs and her bedroom was upstairs in the old house. We've been very happy in the new house and it's really helped health wise. She's had fewer falls s...