Ok I've had enough, I tried.
I dont want anyone to be mislead, we've been doing this for years now, if you are awarded higher rate mobility component of DLA or PIP you can apply for road tax exemption, you are issued with a statement from DLA or PIP stating your entitlement, you must take it to the post office (or a DVLA center...
The DVLA dont issue the exemption certificates, its either DLA or PIP, whichever is paying you benefits. If you look at your exemption cert you will see a car registration written at the top from the last time you got road tax out, they can only issue tax for that vehicle at the post office. You hav...
Hi everyone, just a heads up about renewing road tax if you or your partner are exempt. This applies if you change vehicles and need to tax your new one, your certificate is only valid for your old car, you have to apply for a new certificate, They dont tell you this and its not mentioned anywhere o...
I just got back from the Council Offices, they are reducing our housing benefit by £32 per week (we will now be paying £73 in rent out of our benefits), and they have reduced our Council Tax benefits by £6 per week. Which means I will get £24 a week from my Carers Allowance. I also have to pay back ...
Looks like I didnt explain properly when I mentioned the pension, when my Husband took the pension we were really struggling just to keep our house, he took an early pension (he was 57) at a reduced rate, so now we'll never get the full amount. He phoned the DWP, his old Union, and the Council, all ...
Thanks, it's the Council that worries me most, they seem to be a Law unto themselves, a little while back my Husband started getting a small pension, £17 per week, so the Council reduced our housing benefit by £14 :roll: even though he had asked them in advance if it would affect anything. If we had...
Hoping you can help with this, I have just been awarded a Carers allowance for looking after my Husband, it was backdated and I received a lump sum of £1100. On reflection I think I've been foolish and a little selfish, I have paid for a holiday for myself and my Daughter (my first in 9 years) and a...
Just wanted to update this for anyone else waiting for a decision, got my letter today, it took 7 weeks which I suppose isnt to bad considering other peoples experiences, also got it backdated. I'm guessing my hubby will lose some of his PIP but at least I "exist" now :D
Thank you susieq :D I'll give it a try but I suppose if others are having to wait I'll have to take my turn.