Thanks bowlingbun Yes he does have high care needs BUT did not qualify for NHS continuing cover :( :( . Apparently you have to be pretty much catatonic or dying to get awarded that. He was awarded some care from the LA and we have to pay towards it too. Unfortunately I can't do the morning care as i...
Good Morning I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice please regarding direct payments. My husband has been assessed as having the following care needs: 2 carers for 45 mins in the morning 2 carers for 3 later visits for 30 minutes 7 days a week! I have been assessed as his carer and allo...
Good to hear you're back home. That must be so difficult being somewhere new and with no support. Hoping they continue to keep your husband's pain under control. Thinking of you, Tracy x
Hi Jess I am sitting next my husband in his hospital bed. It's very hard not being able to do anything when someone you love is in pain. I am with susieq - your husband knows you're there and that must be a comfort to him. My husband fortunately isn't in pain but he spends a lot of my visit sleeping...
Thanks Emma x

The nurses and HCSW have been amazing in hospital. They mostly have been very kind and caring. I think because of the situation we are in at the moment every small thing that isn't done properly seems huge and is making me cross which I dont like!
Thanks!

I'll send an email from the hospital. Just ironing some pyjamas and I'll be off to visit.

I appreciate all the help and advice x
Thank you for your replies. We had the checklist and that gave 7 Bs which triggered the assessment. At the assessment there were NHS staff from the discharge team, a member of the nursing staff and a social worker, myself and Frank (my husband). Most of the outcomes were under moderate although the ...
Good Morning I want my husband home. He is desperate to come home. He is ready but have to wait for an agency to have a space for him. Background -My husband had a second stroke on 30th September (clot) his previous stroke (bleed) was 02.12.13. At this point the consultants decided the risk of him h...