[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I paid car parking of at least £10 a day when I was visiting mum in hospital last year. <br/> I could have travelled by public transport as I only live 14 miles away....it would have taken over an hour and a half there and probably longer back depending on what time of day I was travelling and...
<t>Hi George,<br/> Thought I might be able to help here - I am a benefits officer at my local council. Well... Someone has to do it!<br/> Anyway, sounds like you are referring to the Local Housing Allowance that comes into force in April this year, for new benefit claims and change of circumstances ...
Hi Roo What a dreadful event for you and your son to have to go through. I'm so scared to use private carers for this reason. Have you tried contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau ? They might be able to suggest the best course of action. People should not be allowed to get away with these things. It...
Hi Maria Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your Mum and your Dad trying to cope as her carer. It must be so difficult caring for a partner. Harder I think than caring for a parent. I dont know. I'm not replying to give advice but to let you know that I have been through something similar. My...
Hi Barbara Good news that your husband has been awarded continuing care (even if it is 10 years late!) Have you tried contacting the Stroke Association? They may be able to help you with regard to the centre that maybe able to care for his needs or your social worker shoud be able to sort this out f...
<t>Dear Beth<br/> <br/> This must be the hardest decision ever and I really feel for you. To have cared for someone for 15 years is no mean feat, something that many people would have shied away from. I can't imagine the strain this has put on you. No wonder you feel that you cant take any more. I d...
<t>Ah. Thanks for posting that. Your Mother looks like a very strong, wise lady.<br/> <br/> It has made me think about my grandfather (my Mother's Father) who was also at Dunkirk. He died when I was only 3 so I don't remember him but I do remember his brother (Bill) who died in 1980. He had also fou...
Hi Tony, Welcome to the forum! I certainly admire you're strength and courage. I hear so many stories of people giving up when it all gets too much but you've managed to conquer your own illness/disability AND look after your wife. Ignore those mean spirited people who said hurtful things. I hope yo...
Whilst I appreciate that not all Ministers and their overpaid Administrators may understand the finber points of the benefits system, I would have expected Mrs Payne to have read up on the basics before composing her reply. She is simply wrong. Carers Allowance is directly affected by earnings and i...
Brilliant idea Wendy Image