[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Many thanks for all your kind words. This forum has been such a comfort over the past 10 months.
Yesterday, mum died. Yesterday, I rang my children, mum's brother, her nephews and nieces, her friends. I was strong. I'm always strong; it's not an act, it's how I am. I suspect most of you on this forum are the same. Next week, I'm at the hospital for several hours having some scans for a future o...
Oh Elaine, I do hope you'll be there too. I'm too distraught at the moment, to really appreciate my time with her, but I know it will be such a comfort as time goes on. I knew her time was up - some sixth sense. Hopefully, you'll be the same. 100! How amazing! These oldies are made of stern stuff. M...
I want to thank you all for the wonderful support you've given me over the last difficult 9 months. My mum passed away this morning and I am sitting in my garden, which gave her such pleasure, bereft at my loss but so glad she's no longer distressed and in pain. You might think it odd that I'm posti...
Hi Jenny and Elaine. Sorry to hear about your mum, Elaine. Isn't it funny, we've had these very elderly people with us for all our lives and we've always known they would one day leave us, but it's still very hard at the end. Nothing prepares us. I long to get the call that she has slipped away, bec...
Hi Frances, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. It's a distressing diagnosis for him and your family. I've read what Jenny has said and want to reiterate a couple of points she makes. Firstly, the children. They need the truth but they need it in a simple, straightforward way. Don't be tempted ...
Thank you Jenny and Andrew. You could be right, Jenny, she is certainly more relaxed when I'm not there. However, I've just come back from my morning stint, during which she asked if she was going to die. I asked her if she wanted to and she said yes. So I told her that was alright, if that's what s...
Thanks Melly1. Unfortunately, the anxiety medication did not relieve her symptoms and I think that, now, they are concentrating on making her comfortable and helping her to sleep more peacefully.
My 94 year old mum has taken a turn for the worse since contracting a severe chest infection. She is in a dementia home. She doesn't want to eat, although the staff try to persuade her, and she just has sips of fluid during the day. She is so tiny now, I wince when they turn her, which they do every...
Aint that the truth Bowlingbun! If I find one, I'll order a few!