Hi Babybyrd, sounds like you are as stressed as i feel. I think it comes to a point that you have to say enough is enough. There is a limit to how much one person can take. I mentioned the PoA to mum a couple of days ago - I got a snide smile, shake of the head and a muttered 'unbelievable' (obviou...
On Nicky ..how I feel for you. I am in a similar position and I feel sick with worry all the time. My dad is 91 ...prostate cancer ..Parkinson's ..macular degeneration ..a long term urinary catheter which causes no ed of problems. This year he's been hospitalised for stays ranging from one night to ...
Hi everyone Some weeks ago my local carers association called me to do my carers assessment over the phone on behalf of social services. On the morning it was supposed to happen dad was rushed into hospital so I missed the call. Circumstances have changed a lot since his discharge and his care needs...
Got a call at 1pm today from hospital occupational threrspist to say the care company would be coming to see dad at 5pm. I said but he isn't here he's in hospital. They said can you pick him up at 2 please ...he's being discharged. He's home. Assessor came. Said they'll assess him for 3 days. After ...
Well ..I got a call at home today saying drs have agreed dads medically fit so he's being discharged. The only help I have been given so far is two walking frames! I asked to speak with occupational therapy and my frustration and anxiety got the better of me and I burst into tears As a consequence d...
I have been reading up ..today I have to find out of this is 'intermediate care' or permenant. The old guilt is creeping in ...guy in bed next to dad and 25 years younger just got told he will likely not be around in six months time and all they can now give is palliative care. So sad. I'm also feel...
Hi all Over the last six years iv e mostly lurked on this forum. A few times when I've been really low iv e asked for help and advice...but I've always read posts and appreciated the feeling of not being alone ...and really felt supported even if I haven't said much Over the last year my dad has det...
Thanks Chris

Sorry it's taken me hours to reply ....it's been one of THOSE days
Chris from the gulag i know you'll wonder why I'm asking this when you've been so very helpful and proactive at giving us every single ounce of info .... But I am pushed for time and needing a quick answer...sorry hun Back from my 91 year o!e dad's latest cystoscopy ....he is now having a prostate c...
Well ....three days after form filling iv e got a phone call assessment today. Have to say just the speed of this being arranged has cheered me up ...