[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, I am a carer for my husband with Bi-Polar, he had an episode on New Years Eve 2017, I made several enquiries over the telephone and was told not to call an Ambulance but to make our way to A & E. We were in A & E a total of 7 hours before they eventually found a bed for my husband (not in our lo...
Hi Hazel, I am a carer for my husband who is bi-polar, he was diagnosed over 20 years ago. During this time he has had several manic and severe depressive episodes as well as hospitalisations. Sadly during this time he has slowly lost all of his friends, he has made new friendships through support g...
I would apply extreme caution in using any type of marijuana for mental health issues. From experience, I am a carer for my husband with Bi Polar disorder, it can seriously escalate a mental illness to the point of becoming psychotic and needing hospitalisation.
I have been a carer for my husband who is bi-polar for the past 20 years. I completely understand how difficult it is to liaise with mental health support when your partner is uncooperative and distrustful. The problem is that they do not always have the insight to see how their mental health condit...
Hi James, in my area we have an association for disabled people who will help fill out the form for you. Perhaps you could see if you have one locally.
Hi Am having similar problems with blood tests. For the past 10 years my husband has had his 3monthly blood test at the hospital. This would be done by the Lithium pharmacist who was also equipped to give my husband a mini consultation about his meds if he needed it. His results were sent to his con...
Hi Amy, I have been caring for my husband who has bi-polar for the past 18 years. I dont claim to be an expert but I am more able to cope now than I was back at the beginning, which is where you are now. Has your mum been given a diagnosis? If so, try to research it on line, I found getting as much ...
Hi Neil, I'm sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I have been a carer for my husband for 18 years. has has bipolar and we also have two children, now aged 18 and 21. He has had numerous relapses, hospitalisations, mood swings, anxiety, panic attacks etc. I do understand how you are feelin...
Hi, not sure what area you live in but we have an association for disabled people where you can get help filling in the forms and advice etc. Otherwise your local carers association should also provide help in filling in the forms.
Hiya I have been a carer for my husband for the past 18 years, he is bipolar. We have encountered both low and high moods as well as several hospitalisations when he has become manic. I would advise during the hypermanic stages to try and keep things as calm as possible, try not to argue or be confr...