[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks everyone - needed to vent and I can't to hubby (even though I'm his person to vent go)
We don't live close to my MiL, we're a good 90 mins away, so all our communications are done by phone and she can ring upto a dozen times a day. She has started making alot of accusations towards us (me - hubby's her blue-eyed boy) that we are taking things, moving things, tampering with things and ...
My reason for asking was mainly because she believes she's just had a nervous breakdown and that she's going to get better with time which unfortunately she won't and has got worse very quickly. Thankfully we had enough experience with my FiL to have her will and PoA documents sorted in advance of h...
Hi, my Mother-in-Law has just been diagnosed with probable Alzheimer's. Who's responsibility is it to explain the diagnosis to her?
Ok so MiL is now forgetting that hubby and I are married and have been for 10yrs. She asked him the other day when he was coming home and was I visiting from Birmingham. It was a rapid deterioration in her memory as far as we could tell. We're still getting no information from the doctor or social s...
Thanks Elaine. We will get there I'm sure, just fighting against a system that is ridiculously slow.
They arranged the carers for the evening visit but other than that they've sent lots for us to look at. Her doctors (once we can get past the receptionists) have actually been quite helpful and have been round to see her when we were paticularly concerned, but we don't get feed back on any meetings ...
Hi Elaine, to be fair to the OH he knows that me and his mum living together is an absolute non-starter, but unfortunately it's also not an option to move her near us as we haven't settled into our forever home yet (am a military wife). Our plan is to move down by her eventually but live in a lovely...
MiL is 77 and rarely leaves the house, although she will, on bad days tell us she's just got back from somewhere even though she hasn't, or have people round (has told us someone had a party in her house - again not true) . My OH is an only child and her sister isn't well. He's in the process of app...
Hi, my Mother-in-Law has been diagnosed with cognitive impairment. She lives alone (my Father-in-Law passed away a year and a half ago after 10yrs in a nursing home) and we live over 90 minutes away. We are trying to support her as best we can (both employed and two children) by arranging meals on w...