Hi James I am sure there are lots of people facing the social isolation that you mention. I look after my mother and often feel isolated. I have a variety of friends and belong to a couple of groups but no one really understands unless they are in the same situation. One thing that really helped me ...
Hi. Notsure Just wanted to say that I know what you mean when you say you felt like you are betraying the person you care for. I look after my Mun who has vascular dementia and I have difficulty talking to others about it especially the bad bits, I feel disloyal. It's just how some of us are. Your i...
I have just read this uncomfortable thread. If you feel that the residents are are being treated in any way inappropriately Gaz, surely you should report it
I had notification of the PM but when I go to that section there is nothing in the box save your name. Don't know if this is because I am using a tablet and not a computer.
Logging off now as I have to take Mum somewhere but will log on again probably tonight
Thanks Jenni I'm glad I seem to be in 'coping well' because sometimes I really feel that I'm not. There are various reasons why I have not taken a holiday and though a large part is due to my caring role and I do at times think 'why me', I don't feel resentful or feel I'm being virtuous and I know t...
16 on Monday? Too hard, unless you really were 8 years old when you joined the forum.
Thanks for the replies Henrretta and Bowlingbun Henrietta I try and be upbeat and think how horrible it is for Mum but sometimes I feel as if my life is passing me by. I finished work in 2012 and planned to take lots of holidays but the reality has been so different. If I have a little moan I get lo...
Thanks Elaine
6th May, am I supposed to cut and paste?
Hi I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I care for my Mum who was diagnosed with vascular dementia last year. I have no partner, children or siblings and no nearby relatives. I decided to join to make contact with others in a similar position for a general chat or when things get tough. ...