[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well yesterday I had a carers assessment over the phone and to be honest, it was a complete waste of time! First I will tell you what my review consisted of and after that, I will show you what the NHS says a carers review should be about & the different is chalk & cheese! They said we acknowledge t...
Thank you Pennie, another thing to discuss with our doctor.
Thanks for your advice Ayjay. We have had no mention at all of Gabapentin or Pregabalin. Are these instead of Amitriptyline or as well as I wonder. Anyway, worth knowing so I can ask the doctor about them. The funny thing is, I know all about the importance of keeping my wifes blood sugar levels cor...
Thank you Melly. It helps to see that we are not on our own with so many search comments on Peripheral Neuropathy but nobody has as yet mentioned what medications they are given for it or what effects they have. Since Amitriptyline seems to have little or no effect I wondered if any other sufferers ...
Does anyone here suffer from Peripheral Neuropathy problems? I am a carer for my wife who has co ordination difficulties and mild learning difficulties following a brain injury. She is confined to a wheelchair when outside and can walk slowly with a walking aid when indoors but is very prone to fall...
Porta Potties are OK for camping but if my wife was capable of getting on & off a Porta Potty, she would be able to use a normal toilet. The coomode his adjustable height, has removeable arms to help with transfer to & from a wheelchair. I agree that in the right environment, a porta Potty is great ...
For several years now I have always emptied the commode my wife has to use everytime she has used it & always wondered what happens to people who have 2 or 3 daily visits from paid carers instead of someone living full time with them to provide care. Then I had a worsening of my own medical conditio...
Thank you all for your help & advice. First I have decided to take my wife to see her doctor which I have to do anyway as the skin on her legs is breaking down & while there I will ask the doctor for a letter asking for a home visit. Its one thing to get her to the doctors in the next street and qui...
It wont hurt to try....... Thanks Chris.
My wife is 64 years old & was awarded DLA lifetime award many years ago & now we have been told that her DLA has ceased & we should apply for PIP instead if we still think we should qualify. I rang the DWP on behalf of my wife & they are sending her the forms in the next few days so no problem there...