Thank you all for your help & advice. First I have decided to take my wife to see her doctor which I have to do anyway as the skin on her legs is breaking down & while there I will ask the doctor for a letter asking for a home visit. Its one thing to get her to the doctors in the next street and qui...
It wont hurt to try....... Thanks Chris.
My wife is 64 years old & was awarded DLA lifetime award many years ago & now we have been told that her DLA has ceased & we should apply for PIP instead if we still think we should qualify. I rang the DWP on behalf of my wife & they are sending her the forms in the next few days so no problem there...
Thanks for the advice everyone. very useful. I finally opted for a Peugeot Horizon by asking a friend who has bought one for their disabled daughter but I have found there are quite a few suitable vehicles from various manufacturers. If anyone else is interested, try typing WAV (stands for wheelchai...
Thank you Tim also for your idea. I had not considered a van and probably never would have. But I did a Google search for "small van" and it came up with loads of them as you would expect. But interestingly, it also came up with a few which were also available in a car version. I quite like the look...
Ah I have seen a Nissan Note.Thank you Susie Q. A friend of mine had one on motability until he died last year. Only ever seen it from the outside so had no idea it had the same kind of roomy interior as my old Suzuki. Well worth a look thank you. I was send for a brochure or find an online one and ...
I am both disabled myself & also carer for my disabled wife. I bought my last car, a Suzuki Wagon R, brand new 16 years ago and it has served our needs perfectly. I have not found any car better than we already have for our needs. Its still reliable & still passes its MOT test every year but it is o...
A short time ago, I received my dreaded brown envelope from the DWP and was told that my DLA which I have for mobility problems was ending & I was invited to apply for PIP. Knowing that this would soon be coming even though I had the lifetime award for DLA, I had armed myself (so I thought) by watch...
Hi Shirley, amongst other problems, I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. There are several conditions which are associated with AS most of which I have. Some people get none, some get a few & some all. These related conditions are Psoriasis (Skin) Iritis (Eye inflammation), Inflammatory bowel disease, Cro...
<t>I am afraid its true, anyone with a disabled badge can use the space. It used to happen to me all the time as I live in sheltered housing & there are quite a few badge holders! Also, its true you can be refused a parking space if the highways department decide there is not a safe place to put...