[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sorry Judi but I wouldn't advocate having a surveillance camera next to your Mums bed. You say she has an automatic call device if she falls and a mattress sensor. So what could you do immediately, as you say you live seven miles away? Not only that but you would spend half your life watching to see...
I wish I had some clever ideas to overcome your problem with Mum falling. A GP said to me recently, "Nearly all elderly people have falls and sadly there is nothing we can do about it". You sound as though you have done everything possible to prevent Mum falling. I do feel an affinity with you as my...
Hello Pope_Pourri, I have just watched the video on the link you sent. It's very useful and sensible advice. If my sister has another fall and is obviously unhurt, I will try the method of getting her on to her knees. Actually, if she can do this, she may well be able to get herself up with just a b...
Hello Irene, This is just the type of service I meant. There is nothing like this in our area. (South Coast). It's a case of either wait for an ambulance, (sometimes hours) or call on my elderly husband to come with me and help my sister to get up. There is no one else I can call on. Thanks for your...
Thank you all for your replies. It seems as though it's best to wait for the ambulance. Maybe my sister has just been unlucky in response times but it does seem wrong to me that an elderly person, or indeed anyone, should have to wait on the floor for hours before having some attention. Thank you Me...
Hello Everyone, My 92 year old sister has had several falls over the last year. Recently, she had two falls over three days. On each occasion she has been unhurt apart from the upset of having fallen. The problem is that she is unable to get up. Her legs are weak and obviously with age her muscles, ...
Thank you Greta and Henrietta for your comments. I think you both understand what I am getting at. I am not criticising the care worker for throwing away out of date food. The fact that I had not kept up standards myself had made me feel guilty. I usually print the 'use by date' in large letters on ...
Hi Elaine,

Thank you. As you rightly say, the care worker was actually being efficient and looking after my sister's wellbeing. It didn't stop me feeling guilty though. I should have been grateful. Yes, my sister has just been awarded Assistance Allowance.
Thank you for your reply.
Greta.
Hello everyone, Carers - are they watching you? My sister aged 92 lives alone and has some short term memory problems. I live with my husband about ten minutes drive away. I visit every day, do shopping; help her sort paperwork; wash bed sheets; change the bed; do some housework; wash her hair; see ...