[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Dear All,<br/> Mum now in emi nursing unit 3 months - it has been very rocky, and remains unclear, to me at least, that I have taken the right decisions. She went into care because of continuing and increasing problems at night time which had gone on for so long that we were exhausted (we being h...
<t>So grateful for the replies, and sorry but have only just called in again after a long break.<br/> Mum is currently in respite and we could keep her there if we wished. However I feel that I want to continue. I have quite a good support plan in place what with day care, and have a carer who can c...
<t>We now feel that Mum will have to go into care. We have tried so hard to make it work with us, but she is becoming quite aggressive, doesn't sleep well, and during a recent respite stay we were asked to remove her from the Home as she had been hitting other residents.<br/> <br/> Our chosen Home i...
<t>Can anyone explain to me the difference between placing someone in a residential emi home versus an emi nursing home? I have been told that there is a very fine dividing line between the two. One moment we feel here at home is best for Mum, and the next we can't cope as her behaviour becomes more...
Catja, thankyou. This sounds very encouraging.
<t>Thanks for all the info, SussexRoks. I think it's definitely worth looking into then, as we have floorboards, not concrete. There isn't room for a bath in the room, we just have the corner shower unit, but this has a threshold which is becoming problematic. I need a level entry wide enough to be ...
<t>Can I call upon you dear people again?<br/> Does anyone know anything about wet rooms or simialr? In particular I am wondering if a wet room can be made form a very small existing shower room. Our shower room (also containing toilet and handbasin) has been adequate to date, allowing me to assist ...
<t>My mother has severe dementia, still living with us as we can't find alternative care that is good enough - don't expect perfection, but just the 'care' aspect of a care home being carried out. The staff are just rushed off their feet and can see only to the basics. Respite stays have been a disa...
Just to sum up. Following formal complaint the assessment is going to be re-done. I now need to find 'evidence'. Any ideas?
We are just about to go through this. I am told that what is needed are examples and evidence. Not much help to you, but wanted to try. Good luck.