[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Things have now changed. Mum has now been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease. Her symptoms, slight tremor, freezing of left leg/foot, shuffling when walking, slurring of speech at times, handwriting effected. She has been put on medication, and is also having a CT scan in December to see if she has h...
No Pension Credit is the only benefit she receives?
Mum has now been diagnosed with Parkinsons disease. Her symptoms, slight tremor, freezing of left leg/foot, shuffling when walking, slurring of speech at times, handwriting effected. She has been put on medication, and is also having a CT scan in December to see if she has had a stroke or TIA. She a...
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Mum is in a community hospital for rehabilitation, so far she has been there 2 weeks and it looks like it could be for a few more weeks too. Mum receives Pension credit, is this benefit affected by her stay in hospital, do I need to inform DWP, I've ...
The community hospital mum is in at the moment have just recommended a key safe for when she eventually comes home for reablement, now I am abit concerned after reading this! I think, if and when this eventually happens maybe it would be a good idea for me to remove any valuables etc., Also should I...
Thank you everyone, I have taken on board what each of you have said. You are all right, I could not be a fulltime carer. I think, if it comes to it, part time care is all I could manage as, have you all quite rightly said, I need to have the life/work/carer balance. Mum is still in the community ho...
Thank you , your post makes a lot of sense. I know what you mean about the NHS sending people home......when we were at A&E Thursday night after mums bad fall and with a head wound from which she had lost quite a lot of blood, they said she could go home if one of us could stay with her......then th...
Thank you for your reply, my dad has Parkinsons ( though my parents split up many years ago)
I understand and appreciate what you have said, but how do I stop feeling guilty?
Had a melt down this morning :(
Mum was moved to a Community Hospital yesterday for rehabilitation, it is making me feel guilty/upset/frustrated etc., I work part time, but feel I should be giving more to caring for mum. I'm considering telling the hospital that I will be her carer. Could anyone give their views/thoughts/advice pl...
Thank you for your reply, mum is now in a Community Hospital, she was moved there yesterday afternoon, its not local to us, being 17 miles away, but unfortunately was the only bed available, she didn't seem too bad when we saw her last night. But as she had only been there a couple of hours didn't r...