Thank you all for your kind words, they came and took mum's community alarm today and I closed down her bank account and I've blubbed for most of the afternoon, it's the small things that are making me cry. Still got lots to sort out, mum had an equity release mortgage on the house that we live in s...
Mum passed away on the 23rd May in hospital and I was with her, she was only 69. I thought she would be in for a couple weeks with a urinary tract infection like previous times before and would be out after the antibiotics kicked in, however that was not to be the case. Her funeral was on the 8th Ju...
Hi, thank you for the welcome. Mum gets DLA at the higher rate and that's the only one. I don't think we are entitled to anything else. I had a meeting with social work last month about SDS and we have be awarded 12 hours to take mum out, we had someone lined up but she has a new job so we are back ...
Hi Guys I always have a lurk around the forum but never really post anything, so thought it was about time. I'm Kirsty, I look after my mum who has MS and took over caring after my dad died from Leukemia in 2009. I never realised how much my dad did until he passed away. I live with my mum, my husba...
Hi Linda
When mum needed a wheelchair we went through our local social services and her GP, and she was assessed at Westmarc, we live in Scotland, do you have a contact number for occupational therapy department? They will be able to point you in the right direction.
Good luck
Kirsty