Help, I can't read any of the messages, they are all in Chinese!!!!
We have been waiting for a vacancy in a nursing home for my husband since January. His Social Worker advised me to visit as many nursing homes in the area as I could, the more names we have, the better chance he had of getting a place in one of them. I managed to visit four homes and they all looked...
My husband has a permanent catheter and I have had to get the district nurses out many times to flush it when it has bypassed. I would not recommend attempting this yourself. As already said, this should only be undertaken by a trained nurse. Don't let them encourage you to try it yourself. It's a n...
I am in exactly the same situation as you. My husband had a stroke four years ago which left him with a paralised left arm and very weak left leg. His mobility has got worse in the past nine months and he is now bedridden with two carers in the morning to wash and dress him and two at night to get h...
Couple of really good comments just been said - "we are chained to our caree" and "not in control of our own lives". That has just hit the nail on the head. My husband had a bad stroke four years ago and is now bedridden but it's as if I had the stroke as well. He cannot be left alone in the house f...
From a Scottish carer, I won't hold my breath for any interest being shown in carers' problems. I am invisible to all professionals involved in my husband's care. All they are interested in is leaving me to get on with it and on no account to pester a doctor to come and visit. My husband and I are s...
Hi Linda, Last year our council changed our general waste collection to once a month. This causd an uproar with families with nappies and it was decided that large white bags would be supplied for sanitary products in a separate collction I contacted them regarding my husband's incontinence pads and...
Pet, I totally agree. Professionals think they know best but we are the ones who have been looking after our husbands all this time. We know how things should be done to keep them comfortable but when you try to tell them they will not listen. Brian has all different carers coming in each day now. W...
I buy Brian's pads off the internet. He has nappy type ones that fasten round his hips. The Nhs will not supply us with them and give us large pads which are fine intil he has a bowel movement then all hell lets loose as they don't contain the poo and it goes everywhere (sorry). I also buy bed pads ...
Hi Pet, Is your husband on an air mattress in the home? Brian has a hospital bed with a ripple air mattress that we were given shortly after his stroke as he had bed sores on his heels. It's a noisy thing as it inflates alternate parts at a time. He has been in bed continually since July and hasn't ...