I totally agree that carers' rights are completely ignored. Last year I wss attacked by my husband in the early hours of the morning. He had been hearing voices in his head and seeing dead people in his bedroom but the doctor wouldn't do anything about it, saying it was a mental health problem not a...
Jenny Our local council in Scotland hass closed two of their care homes this year and have demolished them, probably to sell the land for private housing. There are only a handful of council run care homes in this area, the rest being private owned Nursing homes. They are lovely but very expensive a...
He is on co-codamol four times a day, although I struggle to get that amount down him as he sleeps so much. He has two carers in morning and evening but if I need help during the day usually if he has soiled himself, then I can phone the mobile emergency carers who usually come within about fifteen ...
My husband, who had a stroke 2 1/2 years ago, is now bedridden with a perineal abscess which burst in July and is being treated every day by the district nurses. He is in a lot of pain with this and is finding it very painful to walk. He was left with a left side weekness after his stroke with no us...
Mary, That was brilliant. Really enjoyed it. Keep it coming.
My husband's carers get so annoyed with the district nurses who come in every day. The carers are brilliant and tell me if they think there is anything wrong. When I pass this information on to the nurses, all I get is "oh, it's fine, don't worry". It makes the carers look so stupid and they are the...
Hi Wendy, Did you get the Power of Attorney drawn up by a lawyer and signed by him? My husband wanted one made out to my daughter and myself. He was in hospital at the time, and we got our lawyer to come to see my husband to ensure that he coukd testify that my husband was in a sane mind . It was th...
I quite agree. Every time Brian is in hospital, they bring him little packets of biscuits , then forget to open them for him, or little tubs of ice cream, again which he has difficulty with. One time a physio was hell bent in sending him home with a zimmer frame. How on earth did she think he would ...
Hi Ian I am a carer for my 71 year old husband who had a stroke two years ago which left him unable to move his left arm and his left leg is very weak. Like you, I have had had major problems with OTs over this time. They seem to work to a written script about what the disabled person should be able...
Tell them it is your home and they cannot issue orders about you watching them. I have the same problem with my husband's district nurses who come to dress his abscess. They shut the bedroom door while they attend to him, but if I am concerned about something, I just go in and watch them or point ou...