[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
<t>Excalibur - Do you think that your (admirable) self-confidence stems from the fact that you also work as well as being a carer and that feeds your sense of confidence and also makes you feel you have a greater sense of being in control? I care full-time for my mum and since giving up work (in ord...
<t>Hello back, sbegg and thanks for posting.<br/> <br/> Yes, I am excluded. I care for my mother 24/7. She receives the higher rate of Attendance Allowance , which is what you get if you need care day and night. I get no help from any outside agencies. I help my mum eat, I bath her, help her dress, ...
<t>I was really pleased that other carers think it's worth a shot. If I did it, I'd go for a really serious approach to it, with a really upsetting end, but I love the fact that you are taking a completely different approach. You go for it. I wouldn't worry about other carers taking your ideas. I th...
<t>Following on from this.... if there was a feeling amongst the wider public that carers were being treated unjustly e.g. over the low rate of carer's allowance, I think MPs would start to take action, perhaps. I find most people have no idea how low CA is, and are shocked when they find out.<br/> ...
<t>Paul - Would you consider getting some media behind you (e.g. asking your local paper or someone to contact your MP/Mr Osbourne to give your invitation to him/her again)? I wonder if publicising your invite might get an interesting response. I would love to see an MP accept your invite..... I und...
Many thanks, Audrey. That's very helpful.
<t>Many thanks for all your advice. The reason I feel stressed about this, and feel the need to get the legal position clear, is because the neighbour has said she will call the police out if we 'remove the boundary' i.e. take down the chain link fence to put up a wooden one - even tho' we are 'repl...
<t>Many thanks for your replies - it's very kind of you. Although putting up a wooden fence next to the chain link fence is a very good idea, it causes a problem for us as it would encroach upon our narrow path which my mum uses to walk along. That's why we are keen to replace the chain link fence. ...
<t>Hi. I don't know if anyone can help or point me in the right direction but I am really stressed about this. I want to take down a chain link fence and, in its place, put up a six foot wooden fence. The deeds of the house show that we are responsible for maintaining this particular boundary. My da...
<t>Thank you very much, all of you, for your replies. Thank you for taking the time to do this. I have been in contact with Womens Aid and they have put me in contact with an organisation which has today sent out a warning letter to the visiting relative of the consequences if they continue to act i...