[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello and welcome Katherine,

My caring role is different but we're all carers and the support and encouragement here is great. Im sure you'll be blessed by it.

Debbie
<t>Hello and welcome Gary<br/> <br/> I think the advice others have given you is sound and the best way forward. I can only suggest you try hard not to panic. I was in a similar situation about 5 years ago when they suddenly sent a letter saying I'd had an additional income for one month of £2400 an...
<t>Hello and welcome to the forums!<br/> <br/> In regards to dla applications the first person to look at your form doesn't even look at what you've written. They simply 'score' you points according to the number of times you say your health problem or disability affects you. Some offices will deny ...
<t>Hello fairymagic and welcome! <br/> Do you get any practical help and support through social services ? It might be worth getting a carers assessment and trying to see if you can get a little help to alleviate some of the pressure you're under. It's not easy this life that's for sure... but still...
<t>I know how hard it must be to come from a good wage (possibly 2 good incomes) to end up on benefit. Its a mind field just trying to work out what you should apply for never mind filling in those awful forms that just look at the most negative aspects of your caree's personality/health etc.<br/> <...
<t>Hello and welcome Mandy! <br/> <br/> I hate being so reliant on benefits but I know we have no other choice because of our circumstances. The problem is that the handful of people who cheat the system give us all a bad name and people who've never been in our situation then feel justified condemn...
Hello and welcome Adele,

My caring situation is different but we still share a lot of commonalities as carers and I'm sure you'll be blessed by the support and encouragement of these forums.

Take care

Debbie
<t>Pushpa would it be possible for you to work part time? I just wondered if it was a possible option to give you that 'time out' but still giving you some additional time to spend with your mum as you want to. I know some employers are flexible while others aren't so good and maybe it's not even an...
Hi Ellen and welcome to the forums. I understand juggling acts and letting go... both very difficult, stressful, guilt laden etc etc. I hope you find suitable carers you feel you can trust so you don't miss out on your child's school event.

take care

Debbie
<t>Hi Jane and welcome to the forum. I can't really add much more to the words of wisdom and encouragement already imparted by everyone else who has responded so far. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support here and it's a good place to just 'let off steam' when you need to. <br/> <br/> Take care and ...